C’est La Vie
^^That would be me, whipping up Garlic Feta Dip for a hungry crowd.
Over this past weekend, I conducted a cooking demonstration for the Junior League of Milwaukee. I was a little nervous at first, but within a few minutes, I (and hopefully the attendees) was having an absolute blast. It’s been a while since I cooked in front of a crowd, and I’d forgotten what a rush it is. The topic of the presentation was easy appetizers, and recipes included these Ham and Cheese Pinwheels, the aforementioned Garlic Feta Dip, and a stellar DIY Bloody Mary bar, which I suspect also contributed to the jovial mood of the event.
The sun is finally out here, and I am beyond ready for all things spring and summer. Here are a few of my latest favorite finds, a look at what’s been happening in my kitchen, and a few of YOUR photos from Instagram too:
Most popular recipe on my site right now: Healthy Blueberry Muffins.
Upcoming blog recipe I’m most excited to share: Herbed Quinoa Broccoli Salad with Lemon Yogurt Dressing (title still a work in progress, but it is SO GOOD).
On this week’s dinner menu: Crock Pot Ribs from the new Add a Pinch cookbook. I’ll be sharing the recipe on my site later this month too!
Spring cookbooks I’m really excited to check out:
- Love Real Food. Kathryne is both incredibly talented and a total perfectionist in the best possible way, so I know every one of these recipes is going to be outstanding.
- Dinner, Changing the Game. This book looks like a fantastic resource for weeknight eating.
- Tartine All Day. Tartine is one of the most loved and respected bakeries in the world (I visited on our trip to San Francisco and LOVED IT). Now we can all experience a taste of it at home.
Reading: The Wellness Project, from my friend Phoebe, who tells the story of trying 12 months of all manners of wellness trends to determine which, if any, actually contributed to her health. So far, it’s intriguing and entertaining, and Phoebe’s warmth and voice resonates on every page.
My favorite nail color for spring and summer: This one from Essie. It’s slow to chip too.
The next time you are in the mood to therapy bake: This study from Smithsonian Mag agrees that baking and cooking can lift your mood.
Impulse kitchen buy of the day: This might be the cutest Dutch oven of all time.
Giving me hope for my black thumb: 5 low-maintenance house plants.
To jumpsuit or not to jumpsuit? Posted a pic trying on this one-piece number on my Instagram story (it will be up a few more hours!) and so far the votes are more “yay” than “nay.” What you do think? It is SO COMFY.
INSTAGRAM: Here are a few photos of Well Plated recipes you’ve made and posted. This absolutely makes my day!
- @widmk: Healthy Blueberry Oatmeal Bars
- @ingcorporated: Healthy Banana Bread
- @slammyeats: Creamy Avocado Pasta
- @hangryhangryfitchick: Chicken, Sweet Potato, Brussels Sprouts, and Apple Skillet
- @runninggirlhealth and @christy.nichole.fit: Paleo Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- @aceindevelopment and @suburbankitchen: Blender Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- @brittanystanly: Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
If you make one of my recipes, I’d love to see it on Instagram and might feature it here! Just snap a photo and tag it #WellPlated, and I will be sure to find it. I absolutely love to know what you’re cooking.