My 10 Favorite Holiday Albums
I have a Big Fat Confession. I started listening to Christmas music more than two weeks ago on a record-high, 65-degree Wisconsin day. I’m an annual breaker of the “no-Christmas-music-before-Thanksgiving” rule, and since I knew we’d be in Asia for two of the precious few weeks in the holiday music season, I decided to start early.
In the event that you share my devotion for holiday tunes, today I’m sharing a list of 10 of my favorite holiday albums. Some, like The Carpenters and Johnny Mathis, are classics that my mom played on cassette tapes in our minivan growing up. Others I’ve found through music curation sites like Pandora and Spotify. The final group? Albums I’m *moderately* embarrassed to admit that I love…but that I’ll full on rock out to anyway. Number 5 and Number 10, I’m looking at you.
Well Plated Top 10 Holiday Albums
In no particular order…
1. The Carpenters, Christmas Portrait. My childhood anthem from November to January.
3. SheDaisy, Brand New Year. This album by a trio of country sisters is still a favorite for my two sisters and me.
4. Vince Guaraldi Trio, A Charlie Brown Christmas. Gotta have it.
5. N*Sync, Home For Christmas. TRACK FOUR. Forever and ever amen.
7. Alan Jackson, Let It Be Christmas. For the serious country fans. It’s a little hokey, but if we can’t be hokey at the holidays, when can we?
9. Rufus Wainwright, The McGarrigle Christmas Hour. If you are looking for something less traditional (or if you have all the feels), check out this album. “Spotlight on Christmas” is one of my favorite Christmas songs.
And I might as well admit it…
10. Justin Bieber, Under the Mistletoe. You’ll want to hate it. Then, before you realize what’s happening, you’ll know all the words and be belting it in your car like a Broadway star. Embrace the Biebs and sing along.
I’m always on the lookout for new favorites and would love to know what you are listening to this season! Leave your ideas in the comments section below.
This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you.