C’est La Vie
Happy Cyber Monday! As someone who loathes the mall parking lot on a casual Tuesday (let alone a day as crowded as Black Friday), a day dedicated to discount shopping I can do from my couch was made to suit my holiday shopping needs.
In case you are surfing for deals today too, I shared a few stellar gift guides over the past several weeks. Many of the featured items are on sale today, so if you are still working on completing your holiday shopping list, be sure to check them out:
- Gift Guide for Her…or for you. I definitely bought these ultra cute, comfy shoes (this stylish pair is another favorite) and this mascara for myself, oops. I also bumped into this adorable $20 tee while attempting to check out and, well, you know how that goes.
- Gift Guide for Him. I just ordered Ben something from this list! I also might gift this party animal to our household.
- 30 Perfect Gifts for the Hostess with the Mostess. I picked up this cookbook a few weeks ago, and I am not sure I can live without these hilarious dish towels. Um, who is this guide supposed to be for again?
- 10 Cookbooks to Give as Holiday Gifts. I would absolutely add this one as #11. I just bought it (SOMEONE STOP ME), and I nearly depleted a whole pad of Post-It notes flagging the recipes I want to try.
- Kitchen Lover’s Gift Guide. I love this guide because it’s broken down by price range with items starting at less than $25. This is from last year, but I still love so much of what is on it. Were I to make it again, I’d definitely add an Instant Pot.
- For even more budget-friendly options, check out this list of My Favorite Kitchen Tools Under $20.
We spent our Thanksgiving feasting with Ben’s family in Chicago (I brought these Whiskey Glazed Sweet Potatoes, which were devoured, yay!).
After licking the dual slices of pecan and apple pie off of my plate, I promptly walked upstairs, found a bed, and collapsed into a two-hour nap. I’m not sure if it was the turkey or the fact that I was still jetlagged from Israel but either way, that snooze was deep and glorious. I hope you found yourself similarly relaxed.
Speaking of Israel, the photo above is of some chocolate marzipan rugelach I ate warm from the oven in Jerusalem. It was magnificent. One of the many things I didn’t know about the city is how stellar its baking and pastry scene is (example #2). I might even need to add rugelach to my holiday cookie list. Anyone have a favorite recipe?
I’d originally planned to include a photo of our freshly decorated Christmas tree today too, buuuuuttttt when I went to plug in the final string of lights, they turned out to be dead. Going to the store at 7:45 p.m. felt decidedly less appealing than pouring a glass of wine, so…the tree will have to wait. I hope you understand. I think you do.
Now, on this day of sanctioned surfing, here’s my latest list of finds, along with a sneak peek of what’s ahead!
Most popular recipe on my site right now: Cranberry Brie Bites.
Upcoming recipe I’m most excited to share: Chewy Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies. Coming later this week!
Reading: L’Appart. I preordered my copy a few weeks ago, and it’s finally arrived. Anyone who has spent (or dreamed of spending) time in Paris will appreciate the humor and idiosyncrasies of Parisian city life as described by the author, one of my all-time favorite bloggers and cookbook authors, David Lebovtiz.
Working On: My holiday cookie list. These Chocolate Ginger Molasses Cookies and these Perfect Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies are an annual MUST. I also have my eye on these Mexican Hot Chocolate Snowball Cookies, these Peppermint White Chocolate Cookies, and these Pistachio Thumbprint Cookies.
Happy 10th Anniversary, Kale Salad: How this humble green became a sensation.
An Argument for Eating the Whole Apple: Good to the core.
Phone a Friend: 11 holiday help lines you can call with baking and cooking questions. We’re a bit past date for the turkey-related ones, but you’ll find several dedicated to baking too.
Playlist du Jour: “Swingin’ Christmas” on Pandora. All day, every day until December 25th.
50 Recipes that Celebrate the 50 States: We’ve all been eating a lot of Wisconsin’s (cranberries) lately.
A Wine Train to the North Pole: Bucket list!
To my Fellow List-Lovers: My Favorite Planner is available for 2018 order. I used and loved it in 2017 and just ordered mine for next year. It’s part calendar, part to-do list organizer, part meal-planner, and part guide to pause and reflect on life.
What’s on your list this week? Any favorite finds? Let me know in the comments section below. I love hearing from you!
This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you.