I take my Thanksgiving leftovers seriously—as in, hide the choicest pieces of turkey and a secret container of sweet potatoes in the garage fridge at midnight seriously. While the biggest family feuds typically arise over the white meat, thanks to Leftover Cranberry Sauce Parfaits, I expect the cranberry sauce to spur haggling too.
Last week, I (hopefully) persuaded you to make your own cranberry sauce, via this easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Orange and Honey recipe. It takes less than 15 minutes to cook and blows the canned stuff right off the table.
Now let’s chat about what to do with any leftover cranberry sauce. Smearing it on a turkey sandwich is an excellent, standard choice, but I love this jeweled, vibrant sauce so much, I’ve started eating it for breakfast, parfait-style. (Have leftover turkey too? Turn to this tasty Turkey Salad.)
How to Make Cranberry Sauce Parfaits
To make these easy leftover cranberry sauce parfaits, simply layer yogurt, a tablespoon or so of the leftover cranberry sauce to taste, golden honey, and your cereal or granola of choice.
The parfaits are creamy, lightly tart, and after days of heavy meal prep and big-time eating, it’s refreshing to have a simple, healthy breakfast like these parfaits on hand.
If you are sensitive to tart flavors, you can use vanilla yogurt, but I love leftover cranberry sauce parfaits with plain Greek, because I think it lets the brightness of the cranberries and sweetness of the honey shine. Plus, its texture is totally creamy dreamy.
Cranberry Sauce Parfait Storage Tips
- To Store. Store leftover parfait covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To Freeze. Cover tightly and freeze for up to 2 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
More Tasty Ways to Use Leftover Cranberry Sauce
Ben and I are spending Thanksgiving in Kansas with my family and fly back to Wisconsin a short two days after the holiday—not nearly enough time for me to satisfy my annual Thanksgiving leftover needs. As I’ve found that a container of leftovers on the plane is not warmly received by the other passengers, this year I’m squeezing Thanksgiving leftovers into every meal of the day, starting at breakfast with leftover cranberry sauce parfaits.
True Thanksgiving leftover dedication, right here.
Leftover Cranberry Sauce Parfait
- 2/3 cup plain or vanilla non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons leftover cranberry sauce to taste (I love and recommend this recipe)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey to taste
- Granola or cereal
- In a parfait glass or bowl, layer half of the yogurt, a drizzle of honey, a few spoonfuls of cranberry sauce, then sprinkle with granola.
- Repeat with a second layer of yogurt, honey and granola. Serve and enjoy!
- TO STORE: Store leftover parfait covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- TO FREEZE: Cover tightly and freeze for up to 2 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Join today and start saving your favorite recipes
Create an account to easily save your favorite projects and tutorials.Register