THANK YOU! You all made last Tuesday one of the best days of my life!
It’s hard to describe the excitement and nerves I felt leading up to my cookbook’s release. If you’ve read any of my behind-the-scenes cookbook posts, then you know writing a cookbook is not romantic. It’s hands-down the hardest single thing I’ve done.
And you know what? IT WAS WORTH IT!!!
Seeing images of you all sharing your books brought tears to my eyes again and again. I spent three-and-a-half years bringing this book to life for one reason: because I wanted to give you the BEST RECIPES and practical, useful tips to make preparing a wholesome delicious meal possible any night of the week.
Here’s a snippet of what came up on launch day when I searched #WellPlatedCookbook on Instagram.♥
As any cookbook author will tell you, we don’t write books to make money (generally, unless a book spends a good chunk of time at the top of the best seller list—and sometimes even if it does—most authors are lucky to earn back their advance).
We write them because we have something we want to share, and we want to do it in a beautiful, meaningful, more permanent way. As much as I adore sharing recipes online (THANK YOU FOR MAKING IT POSSIBLE), a physical book is special and intensely personal.
Seeing my cookbook in your hands and watching its recipes come to life in your kitchens these last few days has dispelled any shadow of a doubt that the thousands of hours that went into it were worth it.
You all have blown me away with your love of The Well Plated Cookbook. I check the hashtag #WellPlatedCookbook religiously, because every time I hit refresh and see a new photo, it makes me giddy. Please keep posting! I love seeing what you are making.
Good Morning America + Recent Event Recap
- Many thanks for your excitement about my Good Morning America segment, which aired on Saturday. You can watch it here. Conducting a live, nationally televised event from our kitchen was a wild ride, to say the least! I was awed by the hours of work that can go into 2.5 minutes of TV, but I’d do it again in a heartbeat.
- TODAY! I’m partnering up with The FeedFeed for an IG Live at 2 pm ET/1 pm CT and making a recipe from The Well Plated Cookbook. Would love for you to join us!
- I was a special guest on Wisconsin Public Radio’s Food Friday segment. You can listen to it here.
- Thank you to everyone who joined me for a virtual celebration on Monday’s Zoom cooking demo/Q&A! We had a blast, and I loved e-meeting you and answering your questions. It was an enthusiastic turn out, so I’ll definitely look into doing something like that again in the future.
This week has truly been one for the record books.
In addition to virtual soirees, I was lucky enough to have a few members of my family come to Milwaukee for a socially distanced launch celebration at an outdoor rooftop downtown. We couldn’t have asked for a more gorgeous night!
While it wasn’t exactly the bash I’d envisioned (lots of air hugs), it was still incredibly meaningful to me to share a special moment with a few of the people who supported me through the recipe fails, bouts of stress, and the times when I thought I was going to lose my mind at the mention of a carrot. (Pictured above is me with my husband Ben and my sister Elaine.)
The menu included some of my favorite party-friendly recipes from the book: Buffalo Chicken Burgers, Ultimate Creamy Mac and Cheese, Caramelized Onion Bacon Dip, Balsamic Farro Salad, and Taco Stuffed Mini-Peppers, plus Double Trouble Fudge Cookies, Vanilla Ricotta Cheesecake, and Melon Margaritas (OH YES!).
I may have had one (or two) extra Melon Margaritas. When you try the recipe, you’ll understand why.
My friends surprised me throughout the night (and really the whole week!) with everything from flowers, to bottles of champagne, to the above stunning watercolor that a friend painted. I felt beyond loved.
For the decor, I mixed fresh flowers with pieces of fruit, vegetables, and herbs to complete the foodie vibe.
Leave a Review
I know I keep bringing this up, and it is because IT IS SO IMPORTANT.
I am deeply, eternally, ever-lovin’ grateful to everyone who’s left a 5-star review so far. Please keep them coming.
Every single review matters to the book’s success, especially since I am a first-time author. If you ordered a copy on Amazon, you can leave a review here. It only takes a moment and means the world to me.
Epic Kitchen Giveaway
In case you missed the announcement, the cookbook photos you share on social media can earn you entries towards thousands of dollars of prizes!
To celebrate The Well Plated Cookbook‘s launch, I’m giving away a massive collection of my favorite, high-quality kitchen items. We’re talking ceramic cookware that will last a lifetime, cast iron skillets, pro knife sets, $$$ for groceries, and more! There will be multiple winners. Read more here. You can enter as many times as you like, from now until 10/13/20.
Latest Well Plated Cookbook Sneak Peeks
- Gina (who I’ve especially looked up to for years!) made my Caprese Chicken Skillet
- Sonja and Alex made my Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
- Megan made my On-Purpose Veggie Burgers
- Liren made my Baked Cauliflower Parmesan
- For more sneak peeks, check the bottom of prior blog posts
Because I Can’t Say It Enough
THANK YOU ALL AGAIN for your incredible support.
Please, please keep sharing with #WellPlatedCookbook and tag @wellplated in your photos. Seeing you cooking from the book is lighting up my life. Thank you again for making this dream come true! xoxo