The Most Delicious Whole30 Recipes, Whole30 Rules, and How to Adapt Recipes
Whether you are looking for Whole30 Recipes because you are following the Whole30 diet or are simply in need of some tasty, healthy recipe inspiration to eat well all year long, this is the list for you!
I’ve put together my favorite Whole30 vegetarian recipes (one of the biggest challenges I hear with the Whole30 diet is how meat-heavy it can be), Whole30 breakfast recipes, and easy Whole30 lunches and dinners (including Whole30 slow cooker and one-pan meals). These recipes use minimally processed ingredients, are easy to make, and most importantly of all: they taste INCREDIBLE.
No matter what diet your do or do not follow, you deserve to eat food that tastes great! Today’s list is the best of the best, and I have even more Whole30 recipes on my site.
If you’ve been searching for Whole30 recipes on Pinterest, you know that there is a wide variety of options out there. It’s hard to know which recipes to trust. I can personally attest that this list includes the most delicious Whole30 recipes for every meal. We’ve eaten and loved every single one of these, and I know you will too!
Before we dive into the recipes, let’s discuss some Whole30 diet specifics.
What is the Whole30 Diet?
Whole30 is a diet and lifestyle change that you follow for 30 days at a time. During these 30 days, those on the diet avoid any potentially inflammatory foods and drinks.
One of the most important things to remember during the Whole30 diet: check the labels on everything. Even items that seem Whole30 compliant may have sneaky ingredients that don’t align with the diet, so make sure you check out all the details. Added sugars are a big culprit here.
What Can I Eat on the Whole30 Plan?
- Allowed on Whole30: While following the Whole30 diet, you can eat unprocessed meats, seafood, vegetables, eggs, fruit, nuts and seeds, some oils, ghee, and coffee (thank goodness!). Look for items with very few or only one ingredient.
- Not Allowed on Whole30. During your time on Whole30, you cannot consume anything with added sugars or sweeteners, alcohol, grains (rice, pasta, and corn), legumes (all beans, chickpeas, peanuts, all forms of soy, and lentils), dairy, baked goods (pancakes, breads, tortillas, granola, cereal, and ice cream), or junk foods (commercially-made potato chips, candy, popcorn, most packaged snack items).
One ingredient that is often questioned on Whole30 is potatoes. YES, potatoes are Whole30 compliant. You should, however, still avoid things like commercially-made french fries and potato chips, since those typically include ingredients not allowed on Whole30. Sweet potatoes are also Whole30 compliant.
If you want to learn more about what is and is not allowed during Whole30, check out this helpful PDF from Whole30.com.
Adapting Recipes for Whole30
- Many recipes can be easily adapted to be Whole30 compliant. I’ve listed any necessary swaps and omissions next to the recipes below.
- When you’re planning to adapt a recipe for Whole30, make sure to plan ahead so you have time to grab substitute ingredients if needed. Also, stock up on those commonly used Whole30 substitutions so you’re always ready to make your favorite recipes, such as coconut aminos, ghee, and arrowroot powder.
Now, let’s dig into these delicious Whole30 recipe ideas!
Whole30 Lunch Recipes (also Great for Dinner!)
- Whole30 Chili
- Baked Salmon in Foil
- Whole30 Meatballs (make sure your pasta sauce is Whole30 compliant or use the suggested homemade Whole30 sauce recipe included with this post)
- Healthy Beef and Broccoli (substitute coconut aminos for the soy sauce, omit the coconut sugar, use avocado instead of sesame oil, and swap arrowroot powder for the cornstarch)
- Instant Pot Paleo Chili
- Healthy Shrimp Pad Thai (use veggie noodles, substitute coconut aminos for the soy sauce, and omit the honey)
- Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash (omit cheese)
- Lemon Pepper Salmon
- Baked Cod
- Grilled Salmon in Foil
Whole30 Chicken Recipes
- Rosemary Chicken Thighs with Apples and Brussels Sprouts (omit the honey)
- Thai Chicken Curry
- Lemon Basil Chicken (swap coconut aminos for soy sauce)
- Sheet Pan Chicken with Sweet Potatoes, Apples and Brussels Sprouts
- Harvest Chicken Skillet
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs (omit the honey)
- Lemon Pepper Wings (omit the honey)
- Baked Lemon Chicken with Asparagus
- Strawberry Chicken with Avocado (omit the honey)
Whole30 Breakfast Recipes
- Sweet Potato Hash
- Whole30 Breakfast Casserole
- Baked Bacon
- Sweet Potato Hash Browns (swap coconut oil or ghee for the butter)
- Strawberry Spinach Smoothie
- Healthy Breakfast Egg Muffins (omit cheese)
- Ham Sweet Potato Frittata (omit cheese and use Whole30 compliant ham or Canadian bacon)
Whole30 Crockpot Recipes
- Crockpot Vegetable Beef Soup (use coconut aminos for the Worcestershire, reduce the salt, and omit the sugar)
- Healthy Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potatoes (omit the Greek yogurt dressing)
- Asian Lettuce Wraps (swap coconut aminos for soy sauce and use a Whole30 compliant hoisin sauce)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Curry (swap arrowroot starch for the cornstarch)
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken (swap coconut oil for the butter)
Whole30 Vegetarian Recipes
- Whole30 Vegetarian Power Bowls
- Healthy Fried Rice (substitute coconut aminos for soy sauce, use cauliflower rice in place of brown rice, swap a Whole30 compliant hot sauce for the Sriracha, and omit the edamame)
- Vegan Pumpkin Soup (omit the maple syrup)
Whole30 Side Dishes
- Roasted Zucchini (omit cheese)
- Sautéed Brussels Sprouts
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic (omit cheese)
- Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
Whole30 Salad Recipes
- Mexican Salad (omit cheese, beans, and tortilla strips)
- Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad (omit cheese and honey)
- Antipasto Salad (omit cheese)
- Whole30 Chicken Salad
Do you have a favorite Whole30 recipe that isn’t on this list? If so, I want to hear about it in the comments below. I’m always looking for new healthy recipe inspiration!
This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you.