I‘m Erin Clarke, a best-selling cookbook author and the creator of Well Plated. I could not be happier to have you here!
On Well Plated, you’ll find recipes that are healthy, affordable, approachable, and delectable. I share a mix of lightened-up comfort foods and everyday favorites.
I can’t wait for you to taste them!
About Well Plated
I started Well Plated by Erin back in 2012, when Mr. Well Plated was in law school, and I needed a casual hobby to keep myself occupied while he cuddled with his books.
I grew up baking with my grandmothers in the Midwest and always had an interest in cooking, so I turned to the kitchen in my free time. I checked out cookbooks from the library and started to recreate healthy versions of the dishes I remembered my grandmothers making.
Soon, I became wild about coming up with lighter twists on those comfort foods that tasted just as delicious.
We were on a tight student budget so we couldn’t afford the “fancy” specialty grocery stores. I decided that didn’t matter; I could cook us healthy food that tasted great without spending a fortune.
In 2014, I quit my full-time consulting job to pursue my blog exclusively. My “hobby” had ignited a fire. Not only did I want to eat healthy recipes that tasted fantastic, I wanted to teach others to do the same.
Today, millions of people visit this site every month and make my recipes every day; it’s both incredibly humbling and a responsibility that I take seriously.
In 2020, I published my first cookbook, The Well Plated Cookbook. It has 3,700+ 5-star reviews and has sold more than 130,000 copies.
My second book, Well Plated Every Day releases October 15, 2024.
About My Recipes
Well Plated by Erin is a trusted resource for home cooks and busy families who are eager to eat wholesome food, but who don’t want to give up their favorite dishes, spend hours cooking, or buy pricey, fussy ingredients.
- My recipes are for everyone. Kitchen novices, families, young kids, and seasoned-cooks.
- On my blog, you’ll find hundreds of easy-to-follow, from-scratch recipes that are inspired by seasonal favorites, my travels, and the cherished recipes that have been passed down to me.
I also share helpful kitchen tips, step-by-step photos, and video tutorials that will give you confidence in the kitchen.
- My recipes are mostly healthy, use minimally processed ingredients (all of which you can find at an average grocery store), and focus on incorporating important food groups like fruits, vegetables, healthy fats, and whole grains.
- I specialize in easy, healthy dinners, especially one-pan meals and 30-minute meals, along with slow cooker recipes.
- You’ll also find plenty of healthy breakfast recipes, healthy treats, and a few indulgent desserts too, because a world without chocolate is simply not a world in which I am prepared to live.
I’m tirelessly dedicated to providing well-tested recipes. Before I post a new recipe, you can feel confident that I have already tested it in my own kitchen and worked out the mistakes so you don’t have to.
I truly hope Well Plated by Erin will become your go-to for easy-to-make meals that are good for you and that you will adore. I’m thankful you’re here!
Erin Clarke + Well Plated in the Press
Below are just a few of the various outlets and articles that have featured Erin. For a full list of articles and features, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Little More About Erin
In addition to being a cookbook author, the creator and editor of this blog, and a contributor to major websites like KitchenAid, Today.com, and more, I’m also regular gal, living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
I’m a food lover (you might find me plotting my next meal while in the middle of eating my current one), Enneagram Type 1, awkward dancer (just ask my husband), and wearer of plaid.
I have an adopted, lazy-but-lovable beagle and 5 adorable nieces, all of whom have me wrapped around their chubby little fingers.
I adore traveling, upping my home cocktail game, spending too much money at farmers markets, and procrasti-baking. I love my friends, my family, and my food processor (even if I dread washing it).
I believe community grows where meals are eaten together, no matter the size of the gathering. Sharing nourishing recipes that are straightforward to prepare, yet still feel special is important to me. I hope you feel inspired by the recipes you find here and that they find life in your kitchen!
Keeping in Touch
Questions, thoughts, ideas? Send them my way! Connecting with readers is my favorite part about food blogging, and I have many ways you can stay in touch.
- Comment on My Posts. I especially love to hear when you try a recipe!
- Join Our Monthly Cooking Challenge. We give away a $100 Amazon gift card every month! Sign up here.
- Social Media. Follow my adventures and message me on Instagram or Facebook, and check out what I’m sharing on Pinterest. I’m on TikTok too (@wellplated).
- Facebook Community. Join the community to see what other readers are making!
- Email Me. You can reach me directly at email@example.com.
- Get Free Recipes! You can sign up here to have my recipes emailed right to you (for free!).
Whichever method you choose, I’d love to hear from you. For more ways to get in touch, visit my Contact page.
For information regarding freelance work, food photography, or sponsorships, visit my Work With Me page.
Looking for more? Check out my FAQ page.
Anything else? Just ask!