The Well Plated Cookbook
from Erin Clarke
Now Available for Preorder!
About The Book
Meet 320 pages of essential, easy comfort classics with a lighter spin. These recipes are incredibly approachable, slimmed-down, and outrageously delicious!
I spent more than three years perfecting these recipes, and they are the best recipes I’ve ever created. I took the utmost care to make this cookbook as useful (and delicious!) as possible.
This cookbook is essential for everyday cooking. The recipes are fast, budget-friendly, and clever. They’re designed to help you get a healthy meal on the table any day of the week.
Recipes are organized by meal (Breakfast, Party Appetizers, Salads, Mains, Soups, Sandwiches, Sides, and Dessert). The biggest chapter by far is the healthy dinners!
What You’ll Find in this Cookbook
- 130+ brand NEW rapid-fire recipes. This is not a compilation of recipes from my blog. These recipes were created exclusively for this book.
- Gorgeous Photography. More than 130 stunning, full-color photos. Some recipes even have more than one!
- Recipes that are PRACTICAL and AFFORDABLE. I will never include an ingredient you can’t find in a regular supermarket or extra ingredients that aren’t essential to a dish’s success. Wherever possible, I’ve also eliminated odd orphan ingredients (half-empty can of beans, I’m looking at you).
- Recipes that WORK. Every recipe was meticulosity tested 6 to 12 times, both by myself and by independent recipe testers. If a recipe didn’t receive glowing reviews, it didn’t make it into the book.
- Fast, Healthy Dinners Galore. The book is designed to help you get a healthy dinner on the table any night of the week. You’ll find a dynamite selection of one-pan meals. Many of the recipes feature a single ingredient used in multiple, ingenious ways. I even included different recipe spin-offs to keep your dinners feeling fresh and new.
- Helpful Produce Amounts. To make the recipes even easier, I’ve listed produce amounts both by volume and by the approximate number of items you’ll need. For example, if a recipe calls for “2 cups shredded carrots,” it will also state “about 10 ounces or 4 medium,” so you know exactly how much of each ingredient to buy.
- Leftover Love. To help you make the most of your cooking, the recipes include tips to store and reheat leftovers, as well as clever ideas to turn those leftovers into an entirely new meal.
- Healthy Swaps That Don’t Skimp On Flavor. These recipes are inspired by my midwestern roots. I’ve lightened them up, but never at the expense of flavor. These recipes taste like the real deal; you won’t suspect the swaps!
This is a book you will want to cook from every day. It represents the best of my cooking and fulfills what I so often hear from my readers: “My family doesn’t like healthy food, but they LOVED this!”
Where to Preorder
- 130+ healthy, easy-to-make recipes.
- 97% of the recipes are BRAND NEW. You’ll find just 3 blog favorites, all of which I’ve updated to make better than ever!
- Stunning photos of the finished recipes. If you are the kind of person who loves a photo for every recipe, this is the book for you!
- 31 of the recipes include “Market Swaps” tips to change up the recipe to suit the seasons or ingredients you have on hand.
- 25 of the recipes include “Leftover Love” ideas to repurpose the leftovers for a whole new meal. Nearly all include tips for storage and reheating.
- 38 of the recipes include detailed make-ahead tips to prepare the recipe in advance.
- 10 of the recipes include in-depth spinoffs like “Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, 5 Ways”, “Slow Cooker Hearty Turkey Bolognese + 3 Ways to Use It,” and more!
- ISBN-10: 0525541160
- Published by Avery
- Official release date August 25, 2020
The Recipe Chapters
- Good Morning, Sunshine!
- Let’s Party!
- Seriously Satisfying Salads
- Main Attractions (BIGGEST CHAPTER)
- Beyond the Bread: Sandwiches and other Hand-Helds
- Soup’s On!
- Second-Helpings Sides
- Don’t-Skip Desserts
- Cooking tips and “Next Level” suggestions to boost a recipe’s flavor even more
- My favorite ingredients and essential cooking tools
- Easy, immediate ways to improve your cooking
- Sneaky ingredient swaps you can use to make a recipe more nutritious
- Menus and helpful recipe lists
- And SO MUCH more!
About the Author
Erin Clarke is the creator of the popular recipe website, Well Plated by Erin, which welcomes millions of readers every month. She has established herself as the go-to resource for nourishing yet delicious meals that are fast and easy enough to make every weeknight, special enough for date night, and comforting enough to earn picky-eater approval. She is an active runner and has a habit of showing up unannounced on friends’ doorsteps with a pan of enchiladas in one hand and a pitcher of sangria in the other.
Read more about Erin and her recipes here.