The Well Plated Cookbook
from Erin Clarke
About The Book
Meet 320 pages of essential, easy comfort classics with a lighter spin. These recipes are incredibly approachable, slimmed-down, and outrageously delicious!
I spent more than three years perfecting these recipes, and they are the best recipes I’ve ever created. I took the utmost care to make this cookbook as useful (and delicious!) as possible.
This cookbook is essential for everyday cooking. The recipes are fast, budget-friendly, and clever. They’re designed to help you get a healthy meal on the table any day of the week.
Recipes are organized by meal (Breakfast, Party Appetizers, Salads, Mains, Soups, Sandwiches, Sides, and Dessert). The biggest chapter by far is the healthy dinners!
What You’ll Find in this Cookbook
- 130+ brand NEW rapid-fire recipes. This is not a compilation of recipes from my blog. These recipes were created exclusively for this book.
- Gorgeous Photography. More than 130 stunning, full-color photos. Some recipes even have more than one!
- Recipes that are PRACTICAL and AFFORDABLE. I will never include an ingredient you can’t find in a regular supermarket or extra ingredients that aren’t essential to a dish’s success. Wherever possible, I’ve also eliminated odd orphan ingredients (half-empty can of beans, I’m looking at you).
- Recipes that WORK. Every recipe was meticulosity tested 6 to 12 times, both by myself and by independent recipe testers. If a recipe didn’t receive glowing reviews, it didn’t make it into the book.
- Fast, Healthy Dinners Galore. The book is designed to help you get a healthy dinner on the table any night of the week. You’ll find a dynamite selection of one-pan meals. Many of the recipes feature a single ingredient used in multiple, ingenious ways. I even included different recipe spin-offs to keep your dinners feeling fresh and new.
- Helpful Produce Amounts. To make the recipes even easier, I’ve listed produce amounts both by volume and by the approximate number of items you’ll need. For example, if a recipe calls for “2 cups shredded carrots,” it will also state “about 10 ounces or 4 medium,” so you know exactly how much of each ingredient to buy.
- Leftover Love. To help you make the most of your cooking, the recipes include tips to store and reheat leftovers, as well as clever ideas to turn those leftovers into an entirely new meal.
- Healthy Swaps That Don’t Skimp On Flavor. These recipes are inspired by my midwestern roots. I’ve lightened them up, but never at the expense of flavor. These recipes taste like the real deal; you won’t suspect the swaps!
This is a book you will want to cook from every day. It represents the best of my cooking and fulfills what I so often hear from my readers: “My family doesn’t like healthy food, but they LOVED this!”
Where to Buy
- 130+ healthy, easy-to-make recipes.
- 97% of the recipes are BRAND NEW. You’ll find just 3 blog favorites, all of which I’ve updated to make better than ever!
- Stunning photos of the finished recipes. If you are the kind of person who loves a photo for every recipe, this is the book for you!
- 31 of the recipes include “Market Swaps” tips to change up the recipe to suit the seasons or ingredients you have on hand.
- 25 of the recipes include “Leftover Love” ideas to repurpose the leftovers for a whole new meal. Nearly all include tips for storage and reheating.
- 38 of the recipes include detailed make-ahead tips to prepare the recipe in advance.
- 10 of the recipes include in-depth spinoffs like “Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, 5 Ways”, “Slow Cooker Hearty Turkey Bolognese + 3 Ways to Use It,” and more!
- ISBN-10: 0525541160
- Published by Avery
- Official release date August 25, 2020
The Recipe Chapters
- Good Morning, Sunshine!
- Let’s Party!
- Seriously Satisfying Salads
- Main Attractions (BIGGEST CHAPTER)
- Beyond the Bread: Sandwiches and other Hand-Helds
- Soup’s On!
- Second-Helpings Sides
- Don’t-Skip Desserts
- Cooking tips and “Next Level” suggestions to boost a recipe’s flavor even more
- My favorite ingredients and essential cooking tools
- Easy, immediate ways to improve your cooking
- Sneaky ingredient swaps you can use to make a recipe more nutritious
- Menus and helpful recipe lists
- And SO MUCH more!
“I LOVE this collection of recipes! They strike such an awesome balance of excitement, scrumptiousness, approachability, and healthiness. And Erin’s stories are so charming, they will make you feel like you’re cooking along with your new best friend!”
—Molly Yeh, author of Molly on the Range and host of Girl Meets Farm
“I am so excited and proud of my friend Erin, who turns healthy eating into an attainable and enjoyable experience. There are so many recipes I can’t wait to make.”
—Gina Homolka, New York Times bestselling author of Skinnytaste One and Done
“This book speaks to the way most want to be cooking and eating today. The recipes throughout these pages make it easy for families and anyone with a busy lifestyle to enjoy healthy food at home!”
—Tieghan Gerard, New York Times bestselling author of Half Baked Harvest Super Simple and Half Baked Harvest Cookbook
“Erin Clarke’s food stakes out that ideal middle ground between healthy and indulgent, which means that this book—as beautiful as it is—belongs to the workhorse class. It won’t take long for this book to look bedraggled at the edges, pages splattered with both memories and sauce.”
—Amy Thielen, author of The New Midwestern Table and Give a Girl a Knife
“OMG! Erin’s book is chock-full of an abundance of healthy recipes you’re going to love incorporating into your life! Sticky Asian Cauliflower Wings, Kickin’ Black Pepper Pork Stir-Fry, and Salmon Quinoa Cakes…. SIGN ME UP!”
—Gaby Dalkin, author of What’s Gaby Cooking: Eat What You Want
“Fans of the Well Plated blog appreciate Erin’s warm, encouraging voice and foolproof, comforting-yet-lightened-up recipes. The Well Plated Cookbook is Erin’s most thoughtful and thorough recipe collection yet. She ensures that you’re never left with a random half-cup of leftover beans and guides you to adjust the recipes to suit your season or pantry. The Well Plated Cookbook will become an indispensable resource in your kitchen.”
—Kathryne Taylor, author of Love Real Food
“Packed to the brim with wholesome recipes and invaluable kitchen tips, The Well Plated Cookbook is an essential resource for anyone who wants to put quick, healthy meals on the table and enjoy every bite.”
—Jeanine Donofrio, author of Love and Lemons Every Day
“This is everyday cooking at its most delicious. Erin’s healthy tweaks of classic comfort foods transform them into guilt-free dishes, while her savvy Storage Tips and Market Swaps make this a great cookbook for beginners, as well as seasoned cooks.”
—Tracy, Dana, Lori, and Corky Pollan, New York Times bestselling authors of Mostly Plants
About the Author
Erin Clarke is the creator of the popular recipe website, Well Plated by Erin, which welcomes millions of readers every month. She has established herself as the go-to resource for nourishing yet delicious meals that are fast and easy enough to make every weeknight, special enough for date night, and comforting enough to earn picky-eater approval. She is an active runner and has a habit of showing up unannounced on friends’ doorsteps with a pan of enchiladas in one hand and a pitcher of sangria in the other.
Read more about Erin and her recipes here.
Read more posts about The Well Plated Cookbook here.
News & Events
- Latest Televised Appearances
- GOOD MORNING AMERICA (National) – 8/29. Erin shared three cookbook recipes + top healthy cooking tips live on GMA. You can view the live segment here and see the recipes here.
- WGN Sunday Brunch (Chicago Area + Nationwide Syndication) – 10/11. Erin showcased a fall harvest salad from the cookbook and meal prep tips; you can view the segment here.
- KATU (Portland) – 10/14. Erin joined Portland’s KATU-TV to share a one-pan meal from the cookbook and tips for using leftovers. Watch here.
- Football Fridays – 10/16 – Erin will be appearing on Football Fridays, The University of Notre Dame’s alumni Facebook show. Tune in via the ND alumni Facebook page at 1 p.m. ET.
- Wisconsin Public Radio – 8/28. Join Erin and the host—and call in with your questions!—during Central Drive, Wisconsin’s live afternoon-drive talk show. (UPDATE: You can now listen to Erin’s interview here.)
- Well Plated Live – 8/31. “Meet” Erin at this special cooking demo and Q&A. Event is virtual, free, and open to all. 8 p.m. EDT. Register here.
- Instagram Live with The FeedFeed – 9/2. Join Erin and The FeedFeed for a special IG Live. Erin will be cooking a recipe from the book and taking your questions. 2 p.m. EDT.
- Holiday Virtual Book Signing and Soiree – 11/10. Join Erin for a virtual holiday cooking demonstration and Q&A. Your ticket includes an autographed copy of the book (offered at a discount!), event attendance, and other fun bonuses like an exclusive festive cocktail recipe and coupons to purchase additional autographed copies at a discount. Get your ticket here.
- Autographed Bookplates (SOLD OUT) – Order your book from now until December 24th and receive a FREE autographed bookplate. We have 150 to giveaway, so once supplies run out, they run out!