When was the last time you were struck by something so dazzlingly beautiful, it caught your breath for a moment? For me, it was the morning I made this Peach Salad with Grilled Chicken and Raspberries.
A cause for and byproduct of writing a food website is that I spend an inordinate portion of my day focused on, well, food. When I’m not editing my own food photos, I’m flipping through inspiring ones in magazines, and more often than I care to admit, I’m eating one recipe while plotting the next.
While food is my passion and inspiration, it is also my routine, and as such, I sometimes forget to step back and appreciate it for its intrinsic beauty. Then, in the midst of a hectic week, I nearly fell off my stepladder when I leaned over to photograph the first shot of this peach salad with grilled chicken and raspberries.
About This Delicious Peach Salad
It was just so stunning. The brilliant color of the peaches and raspberries stood proudly beside the crispness of the greens; the creamy hunks of feta warmed against the hot, smoky grilled chicken and toasted almonds. It was a visible, edible jubilee for sweet summer, and when I finished the photos and sat down to enjoy it for lunch, it was as if every bite existed as a reminder to celebrate the fresh, fleeting joy of summer.
Peach salad with grilled chicken and raspberries bids us to load our grocery carts wild abandon. Let juicy peaches overtake your counter! Always opt for the extra carton of raspberries! Bake cherry blackberry crisps, stir blueberries into your coconut French toast, and dare to put beets in your risotto! Summer is here, and it’s only right that we should feast.
In addition to being a tribute to summer flavors, this peach salad with grilled chicken and raspberries involves little effort beyond grilling the chicken, yet tastes complex and well composed. I’d serve it in my flip flops with gusto for a late afternoon meal with friends, just as proudly as I’d plate it for a fancy ladies luncheon. Peach salad with grilled chicken and raspberries is equal parts earthy and enchanting.
Another critical component of this salad is the greens. It’s easy to obsess over a salad for it’s fixin’s (and when those fixin’s involve ripe summer fruit, crunchy toasted almonds, grilled chicken, and tasty feta, who can blame you?), but at the core of any green salad are, wait for it…the greens. I used Earthbound Farm Kale Italia Blend, which offers a dynamite medley of baby kale, peppery arugula, and radicchio. Although I enjoy different greens, at home I typically gravitate to spinach, because it’s the easiest—or so I thought. It was just as fast for me to use the Kale Italia, but the layers of flavor and nutrients it added to the final dish were so superior, spinach alone may never do it for me again.
I’m sharing peach salad with grilled chicken and raspberries as a part of one of my favorite monthly traditions, the #EatSeasonal recipe round up. Every month, our group posts a seasonal produce guide, then creates coordinating recipes to inspire your meals. July is a beauty!
How to Store Peach Salad Dressing
- To Store. You will likely have some of the honey balsamic dressing left over. Store it in a tightly sealed container in your refrigerator for up to three weeks, then use it to make this peach salad again!
More Fresh and Fruity Salad Recipes
- Spinach Strawberry Salad with Balsamic Poppy Seed Dressing
- Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad
- Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint Avocado and Lime
- Red White and Blue Quinoa Fruit Salad
- Strawberry Farro Salad with Avocado and Feta
May your plate be piled high, the late summer sun shine through your window, and the peach juice run freely down your chin!
Peach Salad with Grilled Chicken and Raspberries
For the Peach Salad:
- 3 ounces Earthbound Farm Kale Italia salad greens
- 2 small grilled boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 small peaches sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Divide the salad ingredients between two plates.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the dressing ingredients: balsamic vinegar, olive oil, mustard, honey, salt, and pepper. (Alternatively, you can shake all of the ingredients in a tightly sealed jar until combined). Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of dressing over the salads, then gently toss to coat. Enjoy immediately.
- You will likely have some of the honey balsamic dressing left over. Store it in a tightly sealed container in your refrigerator for up to three weeks, then use it to make this peach salad again!
Join today and start saving your favorite recipes
Create an account to easily save your favorite projects and tutorials.Register
Want to try Earthbound Farm Kale Italia? You can download a coupon right here. Shhhh—I already printed two.
I’m sharing this post in partnership with Earthbound Farm. As always, all opinions are my own, and thank you for supporting the brands and companies who make it possible for me to provide quality content to you!