Peach Salad with Grilled Chicken and Raspberries
When was the last time you were struck by something so dazzlingly beautiful, it caught your breath for a moment? For me, it was the morning I made this Peach Salad with Grilled Chicken and Raspberries.
A cause for and byproduct of writing a food website is that I spend an inordinate portion of my day focused on, well, food. When I’m not editing my own food photos, I’m flipping through inspiring ones in magazines, and more often than I care to admit, I’m eating one recipe while plotting the next.
While food is my passion and inspiration, it is also my routine, and as such, I sometimes forget to step back and appreciate it for its intrinsic beauty. Then, in the midst of a hectic week, I nearly fell off my stepladder when I leaned over to photograph the first shot of this Peach Salad with Grilled Chicken and Raspberries.
It was just so stunning. The brilliant color of the peaches and raspberries stood proudly beside the crispness of the greens; the creamy hunks of feta warmed against the hot, smoky grilled chicken and toasted almonds. It was a visible, edible jubilee for sweet summer, and when I finished the photos and sat down to enjoy it for lunch, it was as if every bite existed as a reminder to celebrate the fresh, fleeting joy of summer.
Peach Salad with Grilled Chicken and Raspberries bids us to load our grocery carts wild abandon. Let juicy peaches overtake your counter! Always opt for the extra carton of raspberries! Bake cherry blackberry crisps, stir blueberries into your coconut French toast, and dare to put beets in your risotto! Summer is here, and it’s only right that we should feast.
In addition to being a tribute to summer flavors, this Peach Salad with Grilled Chicken and Raspberries involves little effort beyond grilling the chicken, yet tastes complex and well composed. I’d serve it in my flip flops with gusto for a late afternoon meal with friends, just as proudly as I’d plate it for a fancy ladies luncheon. Peach Salad with Grilled Chicken and Raspberries is equal parts earthy and enchanting.
Another critical component of this Peach Salad with Grilled Chicken and Raspberries is the greens. It’s easy to obsess over a salad for it’s fixin’s (and when those fixin’s involve ripe summer fruit, crunchy toasted almonds, grilled chicken, and tasty feta, who can blame you?), but at the core of any green salad are, wait for it…the greens. I used Earthbound Farm Kale Italia Blend, which offers a dynamite medley of baby kale, peppery arugula, and radicchio. Although I enjoy different greens, at home I typically gravitate to spinach, because it’s the easiest—or so I thought. It was just as fast for me to use the Kale Italia, but the layers of flavor and nutrients it added to the final dish were so superior, spinach alone may never do it for me again.
I’m sharing Peach Salad with Grilled Chicken and Raspberries as a part of one of my favorite monthly traditions, the #EatSeasonal recipe round up. Every month, our group posts a seasonal produce guide, then creates coordinating recipes to inspire your meals. July is a beauty!
I hope this Peach Salad with Grilled Chicken and Raspberries, along with the tasty collection of #EatSeasonal recipes linked at the bottom of this post, sparks you to celebrate July your table.
May your plate be piled high, the late summer sun shine through your window, and the peach juice run freely down your chin!
Peach Salad with Grilled Chicken and Raspberries
A healthy and beautiful peach salad with grilled chicken, raspberries, and feta in a honey balsamic vinaigrette. The perfect dish to celebrate summer!
Yield: Serves 2
For the Peach Salad
- 3 ounces Earthbound Farm Kale Italia salad greens
- 2 small grilled boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 small peaches, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
For the Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Divide the salad ingredients between two plates.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the dressing ingredients: balsamic vinegar, olive oil, mustard, honey, salt, and pepper. (Alternatively, you can shake all of the ingredients in a tightly sealed jar until combined). Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of dressing over the salads, then gently toss to coat. Enjoy immediately.
You will likely have some of the honey balsamic dressing left over. Store it in a tightly sealed container in your refrigerator for up to three weeks, then use it to make this peach salad again!
Did you try this recipe? I want to see! Follow Well Plated on Instagram, snap a photo, and tag it #wellplated. I love to know what you are making!
Don’t miss the rest of these fabulous recipes from our #EatSeasonal team:
- Quick Pickled Strawberries with Black Pepper and Tarragon by Simple Bites
- Pea and Arugula Pesto by Floating Kitchen
- Creamy Grilled Corn Pasta by Completely Delicious
- Chocolate Strawberry Protein Smoothie by The Lemon Bowl
- Crispy Chicken & Cucumber Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette by Climbing Grier Mountain
- Healthy Zucchini Muffins by Gimme Some Oven
- Fresh Corn Salad by Bless this Mess
- Apricot Glazed Chicken by Vintage Mixer
- Spinach Pesto by Mountain Mama Cooks
- Papaya Seed Vinaigrette Dressing by Kitchen Confidante
- Baked Zucchini Fries with Pesto Yogurt Dipping Sauce by Cookin’ Canuck
- Poached Beets with Star Anise and Cinnamon by Project Domestication
- Strawberry Fields Panzanella Salad with Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette by Flavor the Moments
How to Make Arugula Pesto by FoodieCrush
Want to try Earthbound Farm Kale Italia? You can download a coupon right here. Shhhh—I already printed two.
I’m sharing this post in partnership with Earthbound Farm. As always, all opinions are my own, and thank you for supporting the brands and companies who make it possible for me to provide quality content to you!