Rainbow Fruit Pizza reminds me of when I was a little girl and begged my dad to chase the rainbows we spotted out of the car window. I wasn’t after the pot of gold so much as the leprechaun and the three wishes he’d grant me if I caught him—at least according to Disney’s Darby O’Gill and the Little People, a completely reasonable source of legitimate information.
I’m not sure exactly what I would have wished for—the complete set of Ty Beanie Babies? An unlimited supply of Easy Bake Oven brownie mix? World peace?
As I learned, driving to the end of a rainbow isn’t as simple as it looks. Fortunately for us, Rainbow Fruit Pizza is as easy as it gets. The flaky “crust” is a ready-to-bake Pillsbury crescent roll dough (ahem, irresistible), and the creamy dreamy “sauce” is vanilla Greek yogurt. Top these two with a colorful banner of fresh fruit, and you have a playful summer dessert that looks beautiful, tastes wonderful, and is a snap to make!
Beanie Babies or a flakey, creamy, and bright summer-fruity treat? I know for which one I’m wishing!
Rainbow Fruit Pizza
- 1 sheet seamless crescent roll dough
- 8 ounces vanilla Greek yogurt
- 6 large fresh strawberries
- 4 ounces canned mandarin oranges
- 2 kiwis
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup fresh blackberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- On a lightly greased baking sheet, gently roll out the crescent sheet to make a rectangle, lightly pressing the dough to shape as needed. Trim away the edges of the dough to form a rainbow, and gently press down the corners so that they do not flare up during baking. Bake for 8-12 minutes, until lightly golden and crispy. Remove and let cool to room temperature.
- While the pizza bakes, prepare the fruit. Cut tops off of strawberries and slice thinly; rinse mandarin oranges and pat dry; peel and slice kiwis into coins, then slice coins in half cross-wise to form half moons. Simply wash and pat dry the blueberries and blackberries. Set fruit aside.
- Spread the yogurt over the top of the cooled crust, leaving a1/2-inch border around all sides. Arrange the strawberries along the outermost edge, “point” down to form the first rainbow stripe. Follow with a “stripe” of oranges, then kiwis, then blueberries, ending with the blackberries as the lower-most stripe. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to a few hours. Slice and serve.
Join today and start saving your favorite recipes
Create an account to easily save your favorite projects and tutorials.Register