How to Create the Most Moist Cake You’ve Ever Baked
- 2 c. water
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- Pastry brush or spray bottle
- Skewer or straw
- Once your cake layers come out of the oven, cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cakes from pans, then wrap entirely in plastic wrap to lock in moisture. Set aside to finish cooling completely.
- While your cakes cool, combine water and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Let cool to room temperature.
- Once cake has cooled, unwrap and place first layer on serving plate. Using a skewer or straw, poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- If using a spray bottle, lightly spray sugar solution over top and sides of cake. If using a pastry brush, lightly brush solution over top and sides. You want the cake moistened, but not wet.
- Frost top of first layer. Place second layer on top of first. Repeat process of poking holes and lightly applying sugar solution to second layer.
- Finish frosting cake as desired. Enjoy your moist, melt-in-your mouth cake!
This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you.