Lemon Pudding Cookies
I’d like to invite you over for a spot of afternoon tea. I’ll trim the crusts from our (PB&J) sandwiches, wear my best (baseball) hat, and have a little bourbon on hand in case you need a splash. Don’t worry—the Lemon Pudding Cookies will keep it classy.
In the words of my friend Sarah, lemon pudding cookies are exactly what you would serve if you had Jane Austen over for tea. Though lemony bright and proper, the white chocolate chips add a creamy decadence that even the most reserved of ladies could not resist.
These pudding cookies are also suuuuuper soft and bursting with lemony goodness. Ladies at tea can munch without fear of smudging their perfectly applied lipstick, because these cookies melt in your mouth.
No dry cookie crumbs flaking off and clinging obnoxiously to glossed lips for us. Instant pudding mix stirred into the batter makes these cookies unbelievably tender and keeps them soft for days.
How to Make White Chocolate Lemon Pudding Cookies
Simple, light, and packed with brightness, these lemon pudding cookies are ideal for an afternoon treat.
- Sugar. A mixture of granulated sugar and brown sugar is perfect here.
- Lemon Zest. For a pop of citrus and zip.
- Lemon Instant Pudding Mix. Simple, quick, and easy to use.
- Vanilla. Perfectly complements and enhances the lemon flavor.
- White Chocolate Chips. A delicious touch of creamy, chocolaty goodness.
Pudding Cookies Storage Tips
- To Store. Leftover cookies can be stored in an airtight storage container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- To Freeze. Freeze cookies in an airtight freezer-safe storage container for up to 3 months. Thaw and enjoy cookies as desired.
More Treats to Nibble with Tea
- Buttermilk Chiffon Cakes with Blueberry Curd and Buttermilk Whipped Cream
- Strawberry Lemonade Coffee Cake
- Whole Wheat Rhubarb Scones
- Strawberry Shortcake Trifle
PB&J, bourbon, and lemon pudding cookies. Who’s coming over for tea?
Lemon Pudding Cookies
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 cup unsalted butter - (2 sticks) at room temperature
- 1 package lemon instant pudding mix - (3.4 ounces) not sugar free
- 2 large eggs - at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2.25 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- .5 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1.5 cups white chocolate chips
This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you.