4 Ingredient Mango Green Smoothie
I’m hoping January 1st was a soft deadline for setting New Year’s resolutions, because, per my life battle with tardiness, I’m running a wee bit behind schedule. Although my final list is still taking shape, I’m excited to share today’s Mango Green Smoothie, because it inspired the first resolution on my list: to do one small thing each day that brings me extra joy.
Last year, I was super ambitious with my 2015 resolutions, and while I made progress on a few—I’ve finally gotten serious about lifting weights and feel I’ve made some improvements in the patience department too—looking back, I should have done a better job of setting goals that were a) measurable and b) reasonably attainable.
This year, I’m going to focus on small actions that will improve my everyday happiness and health: calling a friend to say hi; doing a set of pushups; reading a short news article; sipping a Mango Green Smoothie. At the end of the day, I hope to take 40 seconds to record these “bright acts” in a small notebook. Even if I never reread them, at least I will have taken a moment to reflect on the joyful moments in my day.
If brightness and positive change could be translated into a recipe, it would be this 4 Ingredient Mango Green Smoothie. It’s made with simple ingredients, comes together in seconds, and is jam-packed with vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium, calcium, and more. It’s also vegan, completely naturally sweetened, and gluten free.
Plus, it tastes like a tropical vacation, no sunscreen or expensive plane required.
The four easy ingredients in this paradise-worthy Mango Green Smoothie are:
- Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend. It’s incredibly rich and creamy but contains only 25 tiny calories for a whole cup. I love the extra body that it gives my smoothies, the light vanilla flavor, and the fact that one glass contains 45% of my calcium for the day. If you are already a fan of almond milk, you’ll love this new blend with cashews, and if you haven’t tried nut milk yet, this Mango Green Smoothie is the perfect reason!
- Frozen mango chunks: If you are new to green smoothies, adding mango is an especially good way to start, because it covers the taste of the greens completely. They’re sweet, delightfully tropical, and make the smoothie nice and thick, no ice required.
- Banana: Have an extra banana or four sitting on your counter? This Mango Green Smoothie is the perfect way to use them. Because the frozen mango is already so thick, you don’t even need to freeze the banana slices first.
- Spinach: Raise your right pinky, because we are making a pact. I pinky swear to you right here, right now that you absolutely cannot taste the spinach in this recipe. Although it makes the smoothie nice and green (which will remind you how healthy you are being), all you will taste is the tropical flavors of the mango and banana.
Tip: if you are serving the Mango Green Smoothie to kids and don’t want to give away the “secret ingredient,” pour the smoothie into an opaque cup with a straw. They won’t be able to see the green and will love the smoothie’s sweet, fruity taste.
No matter what is written on your list of New Year’s resolutions—or if you even make a list—adding recipes like this 4 Ingredient Mango Green Smoothie to your routine is an easy, delicious way to enjoy extra servings of fruits and veggies, a positive addition from which we can all benefit.
Whether you blend this Mango Green Smoothie on your way out the door in the morning, sip it as a healthy afternoon snack, or enjoy it as a sweet post-workout reward, this healthy smoothie recipe is a guaranteed way to brighten your day!
Tools I used to make this recipe:
- Blender: I recently acquired this unbelievably powerful blender, and it whips this mango smoothie (and everything else) together in seconds. I’ve also used and recommend this more affordable KitchenAid and this Ninja blender.
4 Ingredient Mango Green Smoothie
A sweet, creamy, and healthy Mango Green Smoothie recipe that tastes like a tropical vacation. Only 4 ingredients, and kids love it too!
Yield: 1 (large) smoothie
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mango pieces (about 10 ounces)
- 1 ripe banana, cut into chunks
- 1 cup packed baby spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend
- Place all of the ingredients in your blender: frozen mango, banana, spinach, and Almondmilk Cashewmilk. Blend until smooth. Enjoy immediately.
Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 299 Calories
- Total Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 160mg
- Carbohydrates: 72g
- Fiber: 8g
- Sugar: 54g
- Protein: 1g
Did you try this recipe? I want to see! Follow Well Plated on Instagram, snap a photo, and tag it #wellplated. I love to know what you are making!
I’m sharing this post in partnership with Almond Breeze. As always, all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands and companies that make it possible for me to continue providing high quality content to you!
This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you.