In my quest to do one small thing each day that brings me extra joy, I present today’s bright and sunny 4 Ingredient Mango Smoothie.
This mango spinach banana smoothie is not only incredibly healthy, but it’s also refreshing, creamy, and flat-out DELISH.
Now, before you question whether or not a green smoothie can truly taste that good, what if I said you can add mango and banana to your smoothie for a flavor that tastes like a tropical vacay? Now we’re talking. <—Unless I caught you mid-slurp. Go ahead and finish. We can high five over a healthy breakfast smoothie that’s reminiscent of an island getaway as soon as you come up for air.
If brightness and positive change could be translated into a recipe, it would be this 4 ingredient mango green smoothie.
It’s made with simple ingredients, comes together in seconds, and is jam-packed with vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium, calcium, and more. It’s also vegan, completely naturally sweetened, and gluten free.
Mango Smoothie Recipe – A Healthy Addition to Your Day
Green smoothies are healthy if you use wholesome ingredients, which this recipe does from start to finish (and so does this Kale Smoothie)! To make sure your green smoothie is healthy and avoids some pitfalls:
- Fill your green smoothie with whole fruit that doesn’t have any added sugars. Frozen fruit is an excellent option; make sure fruit is the only ingredient.
- Be generous with the greens. Thanks to the added nutrition from leafy greens, with all other ingredients equal green smoothies are better than fruit smoothies that don’t use greens. Spinach is a great choice because it is so mild, most of the time you cannot even taste it.
- Avoid hidden added sugars like the ones found in juices and some yogurts.
One of the best spinach mango banana smoothie benefits is the extra servings of fruits and veggies it gives you in a single glass, a positive addition from which we can all benefit. Here are just a few of this recipe’s benefits:
- Mango is packed with Vitamin-C and antioxidants (read more mango health benefits here).
- Bananas bring potassium and fiber to this smoothie (see more about bananas here).
- Spinach is rich in iron and Vitamin-K (learn more about spinach health benefits here).
Since this is a mango smoothie with almond milk, you’re also getting a boost of calcium.
How to Make This Paradise-Worthy Mango Green Smoothie
This easy mango banana smoothie recipe turns a handful of simple ingredients into a stellar, flavor-packed treat. The fruit adds a natural, tropical sweetness that makes you want to keep sipping.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk. It’s creamy and contains only 30 calories for a whole cup. It’s my smoothie liquid of choice (I especially like the unsweetened vanilla). Since this mango smoothie is made without milk, it’s appropriate for those who cannot eat dairy.
- Frozen Mango. If you are new to green smoothies, adding mango is an excellent way to start, because it covers the taste of the greens completely. Mango is naturally sweet, delightfully tropical, and makes the smoothie nice and thick, no ice required.
- Banana. Have an extra banana or four sitting on your counter? Bananas blend well with mango, making them perfect for this smoothie. Because the frozen mango is already so thick, you don’t even need to freeze the banana slices first.
- Spinach. Raise your right pinky, because we are making a pact. I pinky swear to you right here, right now that you absolutely cannot taste the spinach in this recipe. Although it makes the smoothie nice and green (which will remind you how healthy you are being), all you will taste are the tropical flavors of the mango and banana.
- Add all the smoothie ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth. ENJOY!
- Mango Smoothie Recipe without Banana. If you’d like to make this a mango green smoothie no banana, you can swap in Greek yogurt instead. Use some additional mango or toss in frozen pineapple for an extra boost of fruity flavor.
- Mango Spinach Protein Smoothie. Add your favorite protein powder to make this smoothie even more filling. Vanilla-flavored protein would be tasty here.
- Mango Smoothie Recipe with Yogurt. This is a mango smoothie without yogurt, but you could add some plain Greek yogurt if you want the extra protein boost.
- Spinach Mango Pineapple Smoothie. Swap the banana for frozen or fresh pineapple chunks. If using frozen, you may need to add another splash of almond milk to help everything blend smoothly.
- Mango Strawberry Smoothie. Check out my paradise-approved healthy Strawberry Mango Smoothie.
- Vegan Mango Smoothie. This smoothie is vegan as written.
Healthy Mango Smoothie Storage Tips
- To Store. Leftover smoothies can be stored in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
- To Freeze. Freeze smoothies in airtight freezer-safe jars for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes
- Greek Yogurt Smoothie
- Strawberry Spinach Smoothie
- Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie
- Apple Avocado Smoothie
- Blueberry Banana Avocado Smoothie
Recommended Tools to Make This Healthy Mango Smoothie Recipe
- Blender. I recently acquired this unbelievably powerful blender, and it whips this frozen mango smoothie recipe (and everything else) together in seconds. I’ve also used and recommend this more affordable KitchenAid and this Ninja blender.
- Opaque Cup. If you are serving the mango green smoothie to kids and don’t want to give away the “secret ingredient,” pour the smoothie into an opaque cup with a straw. They won’t be able to see the green and will love the smoothie’s sweet, fruity taste.
- Stainless Steel Straws. For an extra cool and creamy mango smoothie experience.
Whether you blend this mango green smoothie on your way out the door in the morning, sip it as a healthy afternoon snack, or enjoy it as a sweet post-workout reward, this healthy smoothie recipe is a guaranteed way to brighten your day!
Mango Smoothie with Spinach and Banana
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mango pieces about 10 ounces
- 1 ripe banana cut into chunks
- 1 cup packed baby spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Place all of the ingredients in your blender: frozen mango, banana, spinach, and almond milk.
- Blend until smooth. Enjoy immediately.
Join today and start saving your favorite recipes
Create an account to easily save your favorite projects and tutorials.Register