Why is it that everything in miniature is so darn cute? Let’s ponder over Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with Gingersnap Crust.
Each of these adorable baby New York-style cheesecakes is a creamy dreamy combo of Greek yogurt, bright lemon zest, and classic cream cheese, set atop a spicy gingersnap. Did I painstaking crush cookies, blend them with melted butter, then delicately spoon and press them into muffin cups? Girl please—I save that kind of effort for Pumpkin Pull Apart Bread. We’re popping a premade gingersnap into a cupcake liner, then giving ourselves a high five. For tiny cheesecakes like these, I promise you won’t miss a thing.
The gingersnaps’ light bite is the ideal complement to the cheesecakes’ luscious lemon filling. A kiss of orange zest creates a flavor effect similar to Meyer lemons and makes these mini cheesecakes oh so fancy!
Since I can’t let well enough alone (ask Ben), I stirred together a 30-second brown sugar Greek yogurt sauce that’s straight out of the New York cheesecake dictionary. I simply swapped Greek yogurt for the traditional sour cream. The taste is outstanding, and the extra protein boost from the Greek yogurt gives us all a nice excuse to go back for more.
Spoon the sauce over the top of each mini cheesecake, gild the little guys with some crushed gingersnaps, then settle down to quietly eat four or so. They are “baby” cheesecakes after all.
Luscious Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with Gingersnap Crust will rank right up there with fuzzy ducklings, baby booties, Golden Retriever puppies, and mini-Snickers bars on the “Tiny Things I Simply Can’t Resist” list.
Whether you are looking for a fun party dessert (I brought Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with Gingersnap Crust to a tailgate and watched them vanish) or a special treat just for you, Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with Gingersnap Crust are an easy to make, delightful to eat treat.
- Love ginger? Try Ginger Molasses Maple Cream Sandwich Cookies
- Love lemon? Check out Lemon Shortbread Cookies with Lemon Icing
- Love cream cheese? Jump on Banana Cake with Toasted Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with Gingersnap Crust
For the Mini Cheesecakes:
- 24 gingersnap cookies, plus additional crushed for garnish
- 20 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt (12 ounces) 2% or whole milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 2% or whole milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, light or dark
- Place racks in the upper and lower thirds of your oven (if halving the recipe, place the rack in the center) and preheat to 375 degrees F. Line two standard-sized 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners and place 1 gingersnap in the bottom of each.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Beat in the sugar. Next, beat in the eggs, 1 and a time. Beat in the Greek yogurt, lemon zest, orange zest, lemon juice, and orange juice.
- With an ice cream or cookie scoop, fill each muffin cup nearly to the top with batter. Bake for 18 minutes, rotating the pans 180 degrees and switching their positions on the upper/lower racks halfway through. Let cheesecakes cool for at least 1 hour, then refrigerate uncovered for 4 hours or overnight.
- For the glaze: Stir together the Greek yogurt and brown sugar until smooth. When ready to serve, spoon over each cheesecake and garnish with crushed gingersnaps.
Join today and start saving your favorite recipes
Create an account to easily save your favorite projects and tutorials.Register