Peanut Butter Cake
The world poses no problem we can’t remedy with a hefty slice of Peanut Butter Cake with Chocolate Chips and Peanut Butter Glaze.
- Out to dinner and looking to attract the attention of your super-cute waiter: Leave a slice of Peanut Butter Cake with Chocolate Chips on the table, along with your number (and the tip.)
- Messed up royally at work and desperate to humor your boss: Drop Peanut Butter Cake with Chocolate Chips on her desk.
- Need a slam-dunk dessert for a dinner party: Serve Peanut Butter Cake with Chocolate Chips.
- Owe your girlfriend an apology: Say it one with Peanut Butter Cake with Chocolate Chips.
- Congressional partisan divide: We might not make progress, but at least we’ll eat well trying.
Peanut Butter Cake with Chocolate Chips is not shy; it is loud and proud about its big-time, diva-style peanut butter flavor. Even unfrosted, this cake bursts with peanut butter flavor, and the necessary smother with a shiny, smooth peanut butter glaze makes this cake as a peanut butter lover’s dream dessert.
Have you ever eaten peanut butter directly from the jar with (or without) a spoon? If yes, I baked this Peanut Butter Cake with Chocolate Chips and Peanut Butter Glaze just for you.
As for the semi-sweet chocolate chips: What would a peanut butter cake be without the very life partner of peanut butter itself, chocolate? Sad. Incomplete. Longing. I simply could not subject our peanut butter cake to the absence of chocolate, thus into the batter it went.
Plus, as we established with my Avocado Ice Cream with Dark Chocolate Chunks, I have an irrepressible desire to add chocolate just about anywhere it makes sense, and putting chocolate in a peanut butter cake has to be the most reasonable idea I’ve heard since Ben proposed doing his own laundry (he doesn’t approve of how I fold his t-shirts.)
Today, let’s take charge of our problems with a big, bold slice of Peanut Butter Cake with Chocolate Chips and Peanut Butter Glaze. We might not solve them all in one sitting, but that is why God gave us second helpings.
Peanut Butter Cake with Chocolate Chips and Peanut Butter Glaze
A decadent peanut butter cake loaded with chocolate chips and topped with peanut butter glaze. Ultra moist and packed with peanut butter flavor.
Yield: Serves 10-12
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
For the Peanut Butter Cake
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (do not use natural)
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, roughly chopped
Did you try this recipe? I want to see! Follow Well Plated on Instagram, snap a photo, and tag it #wellplated. I love to know what you are making!
Imperial Sugar compensated me for my time to develop and photograph this recipe. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you.