The world poses no problem we can’t remedy with a hefty slice of Peanut Butter Cake with chocolate chips and peanut butter glaze.
- Out to dinner and looking to attract the attention of your super-cute waiter: Leave a slice of this cake on the table, along with your number (and the tip.)
- Messed up royally at work and desperate to humor your boss: Drop a big slice of this cake on her desk.
- Need a slam-dunk dessert for a dinner party: Serve this cake, and enjoy the praise that will surely follow.
- Owe your girlfriend an apology: Say it with this cake.
- Congressional partisan divide: We might not make progress, but at least we’ll eat well trying.
This cake is not shy; it is loud and proud about its big-time, diva-style peanut butter flavor. Even unfrosted, this cake bursts with peanut butter flavor, and the necessary smother with a shiny, smooth peanut butter glaze makes this cake as a peanut butter lover’s dream dessert.
Have you ever eaten peanut butter directly from the jar with (or without) a spoon? If yes, I baked this cake just for you.
About This Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Recipe
As for the semi-sweet chocolate chips: What would a peanut butter cake be without the very life partner of peanut butter itself, chocolate? Sad. Incomplete. Longing. I simply could not subject our cake to the absence of chocolate, thus into the batter it went.
Plus, as we established with my Avocado Ice Cream with Dark Chocolate Chunks, I have an irrepressible desire to add chocolate just about anywhere it makes sense, and putting chocolate in a peanut butter cake has to be the most reasonable idea I’ve heard since Ben proposed doing his own laundry (he doesn’t approve of how I fold his t-shirts.)
Today, let’s take charge of our problems with a big, bold slice of peanut butter cake with chocolate chips and peanut butter glaze. We might not solve them all in one sitting, but that is why God gave us second helpings.
More Decadent Peanut Butter Dessert Recipes
- Brown Butter Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- Healthy Peanut Butter Cookie
- Peanut Butter Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies
- Peanut Butter S’Mores Pizza
Recommended Tools to Make This Cake
- Bundt Pan. I own and love this more traditional bundt cake pan, but this fancy-shaped bundt pan would also be fun to use.
- Liquid Ingredient Measuring Cups. Mix and measure your ingredients in one.
Peanut Butter Cake with Chocolate Chips and Peanut Butter Glaze
For the Peanut Butter Cake:
- 1 cup sour cream at room temperature
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick) at room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter do not use natural
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Join today and start saving your favorite recipes
Create an account to easily save your favorite projects and tutorials.Register
Imperial Sugar compensated me for my time to develop and photograph this recipe. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.