CHEERS!This past week has given me many reasons to raise my glass, and I can think of no liquid I’d rather have in it right now than today’s feature: my skinny Apple Cider Sparkler Cocktail.
The wedding was absolutely gorgeous, yet somehow THIS is the one picture I shot of the event:
- Megan was 1,000++ times more stunning than those tiers
- The cake was fluff-tastic
What’s the Best Alcohol to Mix with Apple Cider?
I have two favorite ways to make this Apple Cider Sparkler cocktail: One is with Irish Whiskey. I use 2Gingers, which is distributed in the Twin Cities (my current bottle was a kickin’ wedding gift), but the widely-sold Jameson is a solid choice. My other preferred variation, which I think is especially good in the fall, is to make this cocktail with bourbon. I adore smooth Bulleit, but feel free experiment.
What Goes Well with Apple Cider Cocktail?
Whether you’re serving this drink for yourself or a party, here are some delicious pairings:
- Cookies. Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies, Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies, and Chocolate Ginger Cookies would all be tasty.
- Appetizers. Both Ham and Cheese Pinwheels and Cranberry Brie Bites would be delicious.
- Apple. Other recipes with apple flavor like Apple Bread or Vegan Apple Crisp would be a great pairing with this drink.
Other Delicious Cocktail Recipes
Diet ginger ale and sugar-free apple cider make for a super-skinny cocktail that is high on the flavor but low on guilt. Sip freely!
Apple Cider Sparkler Cocktail
- 1 ounce Irish whiskey or bourbon
- 1/2 tsp. sugar free instant apple cider drink mix
- 6 ounces Diet ginger ale, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon optional for rim
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar optional for rim
- Apple slice optional for garnish
- Cinnamon stick optional for garnish
- If creating a cinnamon-sugar rim: Mix together cinnamon and sugar in a shallow dish large enough for the mouth of your glass. Wet rim of glass with apple slice or a damp paper towel. Dip in cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat edge.
- Pour whiskey or bourbon in bottom of glass. Stir in apple cider drink mix. Fill glass with ice. Pour ginger ale on top and garnish with apple slice and cinnamon stick, if desired.
Join today and start saving your favorite recipes
Create an account to easily save your favorite projects and tutorials.Register