50 Healthy Desserts
If we’re being truly honest with one another, then we can confess that a really delicious dessert is one of life’s greatest pleasures. Taking the first bite (and second and third bites) of a yummy sweet treat hits the spot. I was born with quite the sweet tooth, and when it takes over, I turn to this list of the best Healthy Desserts.
Whether you like desserts with fruity flavors, chocolatey flavor, or a mixture of both, there’s a recipe here for you. Along with my full list of healthy desserts, the recipes you’ll find here use healthy swaps that don’t compromise on flavor.
Instead of looking for healthy desserts to buy, these homemade recipes taste delicious and are better for you. And, that’s great news for those of us who love to dabble in desserts on the daily (ME).
You’ll find recipes that are perfect for special occasions, quick and easy recipes you can make when you need a sweet treat in a hurry, and comforting recipes that are best enjoyed when snuggled up on the couch with a cozy blanket.
No matter which dessert you choose to make or what reason prompts you to make, these healthy desserts will be fast favorites in your household.
50 Easy, Healthy Dessert Recipes
Click on any of the below to jump quickly to that category. For my best healthy dessert tips, read on.
- Healthy No Bake Desserts
- Healthy Desserts for Kids
- Healthy Fruit Dessert Recipes
- Healthy Vegetable Dessert Recipes
- Healthy Desserts with Chocolate Chips
- Healthy Desserts Under 100 Calories
- Healthy Desserts – Cookies
- Healthy Desserts for a Crowd
- Healthy Desserts – Cake
Can I Eat Dessert and Still Lose Weight?
- While I am not focused on weight loss myself, many people do eat dessert and still lose weight. The most important thing is to enjoy dessert in moderation. Also, choose recipes that are made with simple natural ingredients, like the recipes on this healthy desserts list.
- Is it OK to Eat Dessert Every Day? According to a registered dietician interviewed for Self.com, it is OK to eat dessert every day—which is good news for me, because I actually eat dessert twice a day! I have a small treat after both lunch and dinner. I find that I’m less likely to overdo it, because I don’t deny myself. The most important tip she offers in the interview is to avoid other added sugars throughout the day so that you can enjoy dessert.
- What is a Healthy Dessert for Weight Loss? Below, I have created a section of healthy desserts under 100 calories, which are great recipes to choose if you’re trying to lose weight and calorie count is a part of your weight loss plan.
- Want More Information About Desserts and Weight Loss? I’m not a doctor or R.D., and I always recommend consulting a medical professional to find out what’s best for you.
Recommended Tools for Making Healthy Desserts
- Baking Sheets. Useful tools for many of these dessert recipes.
- Mixing Bowls. These are super useful and easy to clean.
- Small Whisk. This one is small and doesn’t splash ingredients as much.
- Parchment Paper. Great for baking and freezing desserts.
- Measuring Cups. I love that these are microwave and dishwasher safe.
- Measuring Spoons. Two-sided spoons = less dishes to wash.
- Batter Scoop. My secret for perfectly portioned cookies.
- Standard Muffin Pan. Perfect for baking and storing your homemade muffins.
- Rolling Pin. An essential tool for every kitchen.
Now, let’s dive into those delicious healthy desserts!
- Salted Caramel Truffles
- Edible Cookie Dough
- Chia Seed Pudding
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Chocolate Ganache Tart
- Crockpot Applesauce
- Avocado Brownies
- The Very Best Monster Cookies
- No Bake Cookie Dough Protein Balls
- Berry Parfait Yogurt Popsicles
- Puff Pastry Cinnamon Rolls
- Berry Coconut Frozen Yogurt
- Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- Peach Crisp
- Banana Bars
- Gluten Free Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Jam Bars
- Fruit Pizza Cookies
- Hasselback Apples
- Cherry Blackberry Crisp
(Don’t Worry, You Can’t Actually Taste the Veggies)
- Banana Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- Vegan Cookie Dough Bars with Chocolate Chips
- Paleo Brownies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
- Best Lemon Bars
- Golden Raisin No Bake Energy Bites
- Healthy Rice Krispie Treats
- No Bake Pumpkin Energy Balls
- Peanut Butter Protein Cookies
- Almond Flour Cookies
- Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
- Coconut Flour Cookies
- Protein Cookies
- Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- Healthy Peanut Butter Cookie
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Pie with Pretzel Crust
- Vegan Apple Crisp
- Strawberry Crisp
- Chocolate Mousse Pie
- Almond Flour Cake with Lemon
- Greek Yogurt Cheesecake
This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you.