Golden Raisin No Bake Energy Bites
Golden Raisin No Bake Energy Bites just made it official—it’s Shove This Into Your Mouth Week.
I hadn’t planned share these no bake energy bites until next week, but after consecutively posting Moroccan Turkey Meatballs and Cranberry Baked Brie Puff Pastry Bites, it seemed wrong to deny us all one more delectable excuse to shove an entire ball of goodness directly into our mouths.
The inspiration for this recipe was the outrageous quantity of golden raisins that mysteriously appeared in my pantry. For whatever reason, I habitually believe that I am out of certain ingredients, which is how I wound up with enough black beans and cumin to sustain a chili diet through the Wisconsin winter. Judging by the three bags of unopened golden raisins on my shelf, I clearly harbor deep fears of running out dried fruit as well.
These no bake nutty and fruity bites began with intentions to make a healthy sweet, truffle-inspired treat and wound up with something so all-together wholesome, they are absolutely acceptable as a snack. (Kind of like these Salted Caramel Truffles!) Comprised of only natural sugars from the golden raisins and honey, boasting healthy fats and omegas-3s from walnuts and flaxseeds, and a boost of fiber from whole grain oats, these little balls of chewy sweetness pack a big nutritional punch.
In addition to being healthy, this energy bite recipe is sweet enough to pass for a real dessert. I want to kiss every single one of them—then immediately take a giant bite.
I took most of these no bake energy bite the dessert route by rolling them in chocolate sprinkles, toasted coconut, and/or cocoa powder, but they taste fabulous perfectly plain too. (The chocolate and coconut combo have me eyeing these Chocolate Coconut Nut-Free Energy Balls too!)
If you are not a big raisin fan, fear not—these no bake energy bites taste nothing like the hard raisin nuggets that lurk at the bottom of your breakfast cereal. The golden raisins—which are much milder in flavor than purple raisins—add body and sweetness, without overpowering the other ingredients. If you’re interested in even more mix-in options, this Energy Balls recipe was made for all sorts of flavor adaptations!
Whether you pop a Golden Raisin Truffle for a mid-day pick-me-up, post-workout snack, or healthy dessert, you’ll revel in the fact that eating something this good for you can taste this good too.
I think I need another bag of golden raisins.
Gold Raisin No Bake Energy Bites
- 1 cup golden raisins — lightly packed
- 1/2 cup walnuts — or nuts of choice
- 1/4 cup rolled or quick-cooking oats — plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds — (or additional 2 tablespoons oats)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- For topping: — chopped nuts, toasted coconut flakes, cocoa powder, chocolate sprinkles
- Place the raisins in a small bowl and pour very hot water over the top to cover. Let sit 5 minutes, then drain and lightly pat dry.
- Place the nuts, oats, and flaxseed in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, then blend until finely ground. Add the drained raisins, honey, vanilla extract, and salt. Pulse until a thick, sticky ball forms.
- Remove the ball from the food processor, then roll into individual small balls, about 1 inch across. Sprinkle any desired toppings on individual plates, then roll the balls in the toppings to coat. Place balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze until no longer sticky. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Did you try this recipe? I want to see! Follow Well Plated on Instagram, snap a photo, and tag it #wellplated. I love to know what you are making!
More fun treats to pop right into your pie hole:
This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you.