We have reached a stage of the year best described as “seasonal confusion.” It feels a little bit summer, a little bit fall, and 100% a reason to sip a frosty Pumpkin Milkshake.
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE?
From time to time, we'll send you the best of Well Plated. We respect your privacy and you can opt out anytime.
Already registered? Log in here.
On the summer side, I never want to put away my flip flops. I’m still savoring fresh tomatoes, and I might just cry when the last juicy peach leaves the produce shelves.
About This Pumpkin Milkshake
Every year, I feel guilty rushing fall, because summer feels so short. Can’t I have my fall and my summer too?
This Pumpkin Milkshake recipe says YES. It’s the cozy flavors of fall transformed into a cool, creamy treat that’s perfect for these last warm days.
A lightened-up version of a pumpkin pie milkshake, this healthy pumpkin shake recipe tastes anything but!
Here’s the scoop, er, sip on the ingredients:
- Canned pumpkin. Hello, vitamins!
- Frozen banana. My trick to making the shake taste thick, creamy, and sweet, and sneaking in a serving of fruit at the same time (like in this Date Shake). I tried the recipe both with and without it, and I definitely preferred the version WITH the banana. It was sweeter, frostier, and the banana flavor was nearly undetectable. All you’ll taste is pure pumpkin spice bliss.
- Lots of warm spices.
- Graham crackers. The “crust” to this yummy pumpkin pie–inspired dessert.
- Vanilla Frozen Yogurt. A freezer staple in our ice-cream-loving household.
Pumpkin Milkshake Topping Options
- Whipped Cream. Top your milkshake with a heap of whipped cream for an extra decadent and tasty option.
- Graham Cracker. For the ultimate pumpkin pie experience!
- Chocolate Sauce. Drizzle a little chocolate syrup over the top for the chocolate lover in your life.
- Caramel Sauce. Pumpkin + caramel = the perfect combination.
More Pumpkin Dessert Recipes
- Pumpkin Maple Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin Sheet Cake with Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese Frosting
- You can find even more Healthy Pumpkin Recipes here!
This Pumpkin Milkshake takes less than five minutes to throw together, is easy to scale up or down, and is an excellent way to use up any bits of canned pumpkin you have leftover from other baking recipes too.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 medium ripe banana cut into chunks and frozen (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla frozen yogurt slightly softened
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, plus a pinch each of ginger, nutmeg, and cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 full sheet graham cracker plus additional for topping
- Whipped cream optional for topping
- To a high-powered blender, add in order the pumpkin puree, milk, banana, frozen yogurt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon. Break the sheet of graham cracker into a few pieces directly into the blender. Blend until smooth, adding more milk 1 tablespoon at a time as needed to reach your desired consistency.
- Divide into glasses and top with additional crushed graham crackers and whipped cream. Sip immediately.
Join today and start saving your favorite recipes
Create an account to easily save your favorite recipes and access FREE meal plans.Sign Me Up