It’s Friday! Let’s go for the donut, treat ourselves to a manicure, and dig our spoons into Pumpkin Parfaits with Coconut Whipped Cream.
On Friday, we’ve spent five consecutive days battling the traffic/printer/guy who microwaves his tuna melt at lunch and lived to see another weekend. Maybe we’ve fed our toddlers/hungry teens/spouses/ravaging canines three square meals a day for-approximately-ever. Whatever your reason to celebrate, today is Friday, and you deserve a pumpkin parfait party!
As I shared on Monday via Curried Carrot, Apple, and Peanut Soup, September is all about the layers, and pumpkin parfaits offer a little something special in each of theirs.
About these Delightful Healthy Pumpkin Parfaits
The pumpkin layer is lightly spiced, airy, and mousse-like in texture, and spiked with a celebratory dash of dark rum. The rum isn’t overpowering and adds the vavoom I feel is sometimes missing in pumpkin desserts.
Speaking of vavoom: coconut whipped cream. Where has this wondrous cloud of coconut bliss been all my life? It’s fluffy. It’s ultra creamy. It’s destined to be layered on my parfaits, scooped over my crisps, and shoveled directly into my mouth forevermore.
For those of you with dietary restrictions, coconut whipped cream is also completely dairy free! To make it, whip the solid portion of full-fat coconut milk into a tizzy, add a touch of sweeter and optional vanilla extract, and that’s it! It has a subtle coconut flavor that I adore paired with the pumpkin. If you prefer less coconut taste, simply increase the amount of vanilla extract.
The final pumpkin parfait layer: crushed gingersnap cookies. Their crunchy texture and spicy zip are oh-so-right with the creamy pumpkin.
Pumpkin Parfait Storage Tips
- To Store. Refrigerate leftover pumpkin parfaits for up to 3 days.
- The cookies will become a little soft, but the flavors will still be delicious.
More Pumpkin Favorites
Pumpkin + coconut + ginger cookie crunch. We are ready to party, parfait-style!
In addition to the joys of Friday and pumpkin parfaits, I have two important reasons to celebrate:
- Our bedroom furniture arrived. Never mind that the mattress won’t be here for another eight weeks, and we are sleeping in the guest bedroom. We have a lovely set of matching nightstands! And a headboard! This calls for extra coconut whipped cream.
- Ben is a real lawyer. If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen that we traveled back to Madison yesterday, where Ben was sworn in to the Wisconsin Bar at the state Supreme Court. We toasted both the events with brandy old fashioneds and fried cheese curds—so good they should be illegal (I’m sorry).
Pumpkin Parfaits with Coconut Whipped Cream
Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 teaspoons 1 packet unflavored gelatin powder
- 3/4 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Whipped Coconut Cream:
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk refrigerated overnight
- 3 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Crushed gingersnap cookies about 20
Join today and start saving your favorite recipes
Create an account to easily save your favorite projects and tutorials.Register
Imperial Sugar compensated me for my time to create this recipe and post. Thanks for supporting the brands who make it possible for me to provide quality content for you!