Salted Chocolate Almond No Bake Granola Bars are in honor of giggly girly time.
I spent three incredible days at Deer Valley Resort in Park City, Utah with six lovely ladies, Becky, Lauren, Annalise, Meagan, Megan, and Liz. We wined; we skied; we snacked on salted chocolate almond no bake granola bars, and yes—we giggled.
You can read all the juicy details about our trip here, but I wanted to share these salted chocolate almond no bake granola bars in their own special post, because any recipe that tastes like a fudgy brownie and is comprised almost exclusively of wholesome fruits and nuts deserves the attention. I considered writing them a love song too, but I just kept coming back to Etta James: At last, my chewy, chocolatey, healthy brownie love has come along.
Secrets to the Best Salted Chocolate Almond Granola Bars
Salted chocolate almond no bake granola bars are part snack, part dessert. I can compare them most closely to a brownie-flavored Larabar, though I much prefer the softer, chewier texture of this homemade version.
- The secret to the no bake granola bars’ natural sweetness is Mejool dates. I have a total crush on this sticky fruit, both as a snack (try one smeared with almond butter) and as an easy way to create healthier baked (or no baked) treats. I buy mine with the pits still in, because I find the dates are much more moist and last longer too. The taste upgrade is more than worth the quick task of pitting them yourself.
- In addition to the dates, these homemade granola bars are comprised of whole grain oats, nuts, almond butter, and rich cocoa. A quick oven toasting of the oats and almonds deepens the bars’ flavor, though you can skip it if you are in a hurry.
- To make the bars, simply blend all the ingredients together in a food processor, press into a pan, and chill. I sprinkled them with fleur de sel, because
I can’t let well enough aloneanything salty/sweet makes me giddy.
These no bake granola bars are a breeze to freeze and perfectly portable too. On our girls’ trip, we munched them for an after-ski energy boost, and at home I enjoy them as a healthy option when I need a chocolate fix (daily at 3 p.m.).
More Delicious Homemade Bar Recipes
- Vegan Protein Bars
- Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- Trail Mix Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
- No Bake Peanut Butter Chia Healthy Granola Bars
Recommended Tools to Make Homemade Granola Bars
- Parchment Paper. Keeps the bars from sticking.
- Food Processor. Ideal for prepping the bar ingredients.
Girl time (and really all time) is better with chocolate.
Salted Chocolate Almond No Bake Granola Bars
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup whole almonds
- 1 1/2 cups pitted Mejool dates
- 2/3 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed meal optional
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt such as sea salt or fleur de sel, plus additional for sprinkling
Join today and start saving your favorite recipes
Create an account to easily save your favorite projects and tutorials.Register
I am sharing this recipe in partnership with Imperial Sugar. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands and companies that make it possible for me to create quality content and to attend special blog events like our weekend in Deer Valley.