Kale Pineapple Healthy Breakfast Smoothie
Can you feel that? That twinge? That gentle hum of the atmosphere? It’s a fresh new year. Anything, ANYTHING is possible, including a healthy breakfast smoothie that actually tastes amazing! Take a great big sip of this Kale Pineapple Smoothie and believe with all of your being. This is YOUR year. Take a big sip, and let’s go get it!
I realize that I *might* be dramatizing the impact that a breakfast smoothie can have on a person’s psyche, but this Kale Pineapple Smoothie truly makes me feel so profoundly good that, after a few sips, I believe I can do just about anything.
My to-do list? Child’s play.
pin class? Extra hills, please.
A poorly timed run-in with an ex-[boyfriend/girlfriend/boss]? I am the picture of poise.
With its oodles of fruit, veggies, and protein, this healthy green smoothie makes me feel like a booty-kickin’ superhero ready to take on the world, from my wildest goals to the laundry I’ve put off for the past three weeks. Now THAT is power.
If the idea of a vegetable as ferociously green as kale in your breakfast routine makes you wary, I am begging you to give this Kale Pineapple Smoothie recipe a try. I’ve made dozens of green smoothies over the years, and this one is truly the best of all the healthy green smoothies in the land.
Don’t believe me? Check out the comments! I (and, more importantly, YOU) love this Kale Pineapple Breakfast Smoothie so much that I decided to give it a little facelift with fresh photos, along with a new video, and share it again today.
My secrets to a kale smoothie that doesn’t taste like kale are pineapple, banana, and a touch of honey. These three sweeten and mellow the kale’s flavor so that (telltale green color aside) the kale’s taste is undetectable.
Follow up the pineapple and kale with peanut butter and Greek yogurt, and you have a creamy, filling breakfast protein smoothie that’s:
a) loaded with vegetables, but
b) doesn’t taste like vegetables, and
c) will keep you powered for hours.
I realize that kale smoothies are sooooooooo 2016 (or are they more 2013?) and that we are in a hot new year with hot new food trends. What will it be this year? Jicama pizza crust? Heirloom breakfast pasta? Brownie-batter-stuffed egg roll Nutella cheesecake bites with gooseberry drizzle?
Food trends may come and go, but this Kale Pineapple Healthy Breakfast Smoothie is your little black dress of morning meals. It’s flattering, all about the essentials, and designed to make you feel fabulous.
Does that make the LBD my superhero uniform of 2018? BYP (Black Yoga Pants) is probably closer to the truth, but as long as we have this Kale Pineapple Breakfast Smoothie on hand, I know you and I can handle whatever the new year throws our way.
THIS IS YOUR YEAR. Drink up, and go get ’em!
Tools I used to make this Kale Pineapple Breakfast Smoothie Recipe:
- High-powered blender. (This is another excellent and much more economical option.)
- If you don’t have a high powered blender like the above, I recommend blending the greens and almond milk in the bottom first until smooth, then adding the other ingredients.
More Yummy Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipes:
- Mango Green Smoothie (just 4 ingredients!)
- Blueberry Banana Avocado Smoothie
- Pumpkin Banana Breakfast Smoothie
- Rise and Shine Smoothie
- 15 Healthy Breakfast Smoothies
Watch How to Make this Kale Pineapple Healthy Breakfast Smoothie (1 minute):
Kale Pineapple Smoothie
A delicious and creamy green kale pineapple smoothie with banana and Greek yogurt. Filled with healthy protein, nutrients, and will keep you full for hours!
Yield: 1 large or 2 small smoothies
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
Total Time: 4 minutes
- 2 cups lightly packed chopped kale leaves, stems removed
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any milk you like)
- 1 frozen medium banana, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup frozen pineapple pieces
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter, creamy or crunchy (I use natural creamy)
- 1 to 3 teaspoons honey, to taste
- Place all ingredients (kale, almond milk, banana, yogurt, pineapple, peanut butter, and honey) in a blender in the order listed. Blend until smooth. Add more milk as needed to reach desired consistency. Enjoy immediately.
Serving Size: 1 (of 2)
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 187 Calories
- Total Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Sodium: 149mg
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 13g
- Protein: 8g
Did you try this recipe? I want to see! Follow Well Plated on Instagram, snap a photo, and tag it #wellplated. I love to know what you are making!
This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you.