Skinny Greek Layer Dip
We’re coming up on a long weekend! Pull out the Skinny Greek Layer Dip, pass the pita chips, and let’s just call it Friday already.
All week, I’ve felt summer anticipation growing around me, the way static amplifies in the air before a thunderstorm. From the grocery store, to the gym, to the doctor’s office, I can sense a general antsiness in the atmosphere, as if we’re all stuck back at our back on the last day of fourth grade, waiting for the bell to set us free. Please don’t make me sit still a moment longer—set me loose in the backyard with lawn games, a grapefruit margarita, and a giant plate of this Greek layer dip.
On Tuesday, I had the nerve to introduce Asian Ramen Salad as the ultimate potluck side dish, and today I’m continuing the bravado and declaring layer dip the ultimate potluck appetizer. While the classic Mexican seven-layer dip will forever have a special place in my heart (and stomach), I’m completely hooked on this Greek twist. Made with hummus, Greek yogurt, Mediterranean-tatapired veggies, feta, and olives, it’s salty, tangy, creamy, crunchy, and totally habit-forming. Grab your pita chips and settle in for a serious munch session.
Why I Love This Easy Greek Dip
In addition to its addictive taste and texture, I love this Greek layer dip, because it’s super healthy without tasting like a “skinny” dip. The ingredients are simple and wholesome, which is helpful to remind yourself when this dish is half demolished, and you’re the only person in the room.
Greek layer dip is also ultra easy to prepare. Just spread hummus in the bottom of a serving dish, then pile the other six ingredients on top. Done. While plain hummus makes for a clean, classic flavor, feel free to use your favorite hummus variety to customize the Greek layer dip as you like. I went with Sabra’s Roasted Garlic (scrumptious!), and next time will be trying it with their Supremely Spicy. If you are hosting a party for a large group, you could even double the recipe, then divide it into two serving dishes, each with a different hummus flavor base.
Make Ahead + Storage Tips
- To Make Ahead. Chop the tomato, cucumber, and olives up to 1 day in advance, and store them in the refrigerator.
- To Store. Cover and store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
More Tasty Dip Recipes
- Chocolate Hummus
- Creamy Vegan Queso Dip
- Loaded Baked Potato Dip
- 5 Minute Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- Skinny Mexican Corn Dip
Whether you’ll be spending this Memorial Day cooking out with friends, at home with your family, or traveling, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Wishing you the joy of the last school bell, a few uninterrupted moments of relaxation, and a dish of Greek layer dip in easy reach.
Skinny Greek Layer Dip
- 1 container hummus - (10 ounces) your favorite flavor (I used roasted garlic)
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tomato, - diced
- 1/2 cup seeded cucumber, - diced
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives - chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Pita chips, - carrots, broccoli, sliced bell peppers, or crackers, for serving
- Spread the hummus in a smooth layer in the bottom of an 8x8-inch square baking dish, a shallow pie dish, or similar serving dish. Dollop the Greek yogurt by small spoonfuls over the top, then gently spread to create a new layer.
- Scatter the tomato, cucumber, feta, and olives over the top. Sprinkle with fresh parsley. Refrigerate until ready to serve, then dip with pita chips, crackers, and sliced veggies as desired.
I’m sharing this post in partnership with Sabra. As always, all opinions are my own and thank you for supporting the brands and companies who make it possible for me to continue providing quality content to you!
This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you.