Here’s a yummy recipe for a sassy side! Sesame Ginger Sautéed Cabbage & Carrots.
OK, maybe it is a third cousin, but it is VERY welcome at the reunion, because it is DELISH!
This is one of those fantastic recipes you can make your own.
We often have cabbage and carrots hanging out in the produce drawer thanks to their long refrigerator life, but you can swap whatever fresh vegetables you have on hand that week.
Try it with any quick-saute vegetables. Asparagus, zucchini, peas, or green beans (cut them in half first) would all be scrumptious.
What to Serve with Sauteed Cabbage and Carrots
- Chicken. This would be a crowd-pleasing side dish with Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken or Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry.
- Beef. Everyone will love this easy side dish paired with Crock Pot Pepper Steak or Crockpot Beef and Broccoli.
- Tofu. This sautéed cabbage and carrots recipe would be delicious served with Tofu Stir Fry.
More Tasty Cabbage Recipes
Sesame Ginger Sautéed Cabbage & Carrots
- 1 2-inch piece ginger root minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (optional)
- 6 cups savoy cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 scallions (thinly sliced, tops and bottoms)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- black roasted sesame seeds and chopped cilantro – optional garnish
- Head a deep skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add ginger, garlic and sambal oelek and cook for 30 seconds to release flavors.
- Add shredded cabbage, carrots and salt to the pan. Saute until slightly wilted, 7-9 minutes. Add the rice vinegar, soy sauce, scallions, and sesame oil. Saute 1 additional minute. Serve warm, garnished with sesame seeds and cilantro.
Join today and start saving your favorite recipes
Create an account to easily save your favorite projects and tutorials.Register