Sesame Ginger Sautéed Cabbage and Carrots
Ben and I are having a few days in Paris to ourselves (in case you missed the update a few weeks ago, we are chasing a dream and are spending a month in France), then will be transitioning into full-on tourist mode on Wednesday when two special guests arrive—my sister Elizabeth and brother-in-law James. I can’t wait to share a part of this surreal experience with them. The four of us have spent months talking about French picnics and frolicking to come, so I’m literally skipping down the sidewalk in anticipation. Meanwhile, my friend Liz is going to share her yummy recipe for a sassy side I can’t wait to try when we get back, Sesame Ginger Sautéed Cabbage & Carrots.
While I’m abroad, some of my best blogging buds are stepping in to share new fresh recipes here on TLSW. Today, I have a very special guest post from one of the first bloggers I got to know, the bubbly and beautiful Liz of The Lemon Bowl. A loving mom, talented cook, and experienced blogger who I also feel privileged to call a friend, Liz’s blog is filled with healthy recipes that never sacrifice taste or flavor. Her Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala is a staple on my dinner menu, and last fall, I wore out my donut pan baking her Baked Pumpkin Donuts and Baked Apple Cider Donuts on repeat. Liz and I (finally!) met in person at BlogHer Food in Miami this year, and I’m plotting to come crash her dinner table in Michigan so that I can meet her two adorable little boys too.
Hello New Friends! I am so excited to be guest posting for my dear friend Erin today. We had the pleasure of meeting in person this past May when at BlogHer Food in Miami and it was so good to give her a hug in real life! In case you were wondering, she is just as adorable and friendly as you would expect – if not more. ;-)
My blog, The Lemon Bowl, is full of healthy recipes made with seasonal ingredients that just so happen to be good for you. I firmly believe that it doesn’t matter how healthy food is if it doesn’t taste delicious.
Speaking of delicious, this sesame ginger sautéed cabbage and carrots was a huge hit with my boys. By keeping a well stocked Asian pantry, it came together in just minutes which is vital when you’re rushing to feed a toddler and a baby before the meltdown train leaves the station.
As always, make it your own! We happened to have cabbage and carrots on hand but use whatever fresh vegetables you can find that week. It would be perfect with asparagus, zucchini, peas, green beans and more.
Your fork is waiting.
What to Serve with Ginger Cabbage and Carrots
- Chicken. This would be a crowd-pleasing side dish with Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken or Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry.
- Beef. Everyone will love this easy side dish paired with Crock Pot Pepper Steak or Crockpot Beef and Broccoli.
- Tofu. This sautéed cabbage and carrots recipe would be delicious served with Tofu Stir Fry.
More Tasty Cabbage Recipes
Sesame Ginger Sautéed Cabbage & Carrots
- 1 2-inch piece ginger root - minced
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek - (optional)
- 6 cups savoy cabbage, - shredded
- 2 cups carrots, - shredded
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 scallions - (thinly sliced, tops and bottoms)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- black roasted sesame seeds - and chopped cilantro – optional garnish
- Head a deep skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add ginger, garlic and sambal oelek and cook for 30 seconds to release flavors.
- Add shredded cabbage, carrots and salt to the pan. Saute until slightly wilted, 7-9 minutes. Add the rice vinegar, soy sauce, scallions, and sesame oil. Saute 1 additional minute. Serve warm, garnished with sesame seeds and cilantro.
This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you.