Do you struggle to find tasty, nutritious, and crowd-pleasing Vegetarian Dinner Recipes? This list is here to be your ultimate inspiration!
Table of Contents
If the thought of vegetarian dinner recipes makes you think of sad, boring food that leaves you missing the meat, then prepare to be pleasantly surprised.
You’ll be amazed at what you can make for dinner without meat!
The recipes on this list are not only good for you, but they taste fantastic too.
What a vegetarian should eat for dinner doesn’t need to be different from the non-vegetarians at the table.
These delicious recipes will be enjoyed by everyone you serve them to (meat eaters or not)!
Vegetarian Recipe MVPs
When it comes to creating stellar vegetarian recipes, there are a few common vegetarian foods that I love to use. These ingredients are useful for providing protein, flavor, or texture to the dish.
- Tofu (or Tempeh). An excellent protein swap for dishes that traditionally use meat. I also enjoy eating Crispy Tofu and Air Fryer Tofu on their own.
- Beans. Full of fiber and protein, beans will keep you fuller for longer. They also have a delightfully creamy texture.
- Veggies. From bell peppers to potatoes to broccoli, loading up on veggies can help add delicious flavor and make a dish more filling (thank you, fiber).
- Grains. I love incorporating whole grains into vegetarian meals to make them more satisfying. Grains are a major crowd-pleaser too.
Recommended Tools to Make Vegetarian Recipes
- Sharp Chef’s Knife. Chopping veggies (like sweet potatoes) is much easier with a sharp knife like this one.
- Non-Slip Cutting Board. No matter what you’re chopping, you don’t want the cutting board slipping out from under you.
- Mixing Bowls. These bowls are microwave and dishwasher-safe.
- Measuring Spoons. Essential for all types of recipes.
- Small Whisk. I love the smaller size of this whisk.
- Casserole Dish. Perfect for making many of these easy vegetarian dinner recipes.
- Sheet Pan. Ideal for everything from Roasted Cauliflower to one-pan vegetarian meals.
Now, let’s get to those tasty vegetarian dinner recipes!
Vegetarian Soups & Stews
Some of our favorite vegetarian weeknight dinners are these hearty and cozy soups. These classic recipes have all the flavors you love and are great for meal prep.
- Crockpot Potato Soup
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Spicy Butternut Squash Soup
- Crockpot Lasagna Soup
- Vegetarian Chili (pictured above)
If you enjoy warm, comforting casseroles, you’ll love these healthy vegetarian dinner recipes!
- Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie
- Vegetable Lasagna (pictured above; from zucchini to spinach, this lasagna is veggie-packed)
- Broccoli Quinoa Casserole
- Vegetarian Pot Pie
Vegetarian Mexican Dinner Recipes
Plant-based Mexican food is just as flavorful and satisfying as the original. Serve these recipes with tortilla chips, salsa, and avocado (or the Best Guacamole Recipe) for a healthy and easy vegetarian dinner recipe.
- Vegetarian Burrito (pictured above; black beans help make it extra filling)
- Cauliflower Tacos (also uses chickpeas for extra protein)
- Vegetarian Tacos
- Tempeh Tacos
- Tofu Tacos
- Vegetarian Enchiladas
Vegetarian Stir Fries
From tofu stir-fry to vegetarian recipes with noodles, these delightful stir fries are certain to please everyone at your table and rival your favorite takeout dishes.
- Broccoli Tofu Stir Fry
- Vegetarian Bibimbap
- Vegetarian Pad Thai
- Vegetable Lo Mein (pictured above; the most famous vegetarian dish in our household)
- Tofu Stir Fry
- Lettuce Wraps
Vegetarian Pasta Dinners
Packed with vegetables, these pasta recipes are ideal for vegetarian meals. They make an easy weeknight dinner that the entire family will enjoy!
- Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff
- Pasta Primavera
- Greek Mac and Cheese
- Ricotta Pasta
- Eggplant Pasta (pictured above; packed with delicious veggies like red peppers, eggplant, and tomatoes)
Family-Favorite Vegetarian Dinners
From Indian vegetarian dinner recipes with warm spices to pizza with fresh herbs, these recipes will be a hit! Serve the curry recipes with basmati rice and Homemade Naan for an extra special meal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, vegetarians can eat cheese. Cheese (and other animal products) are safe to use in vegetarian meals. Vegans, however, do not eat cheese. You’ll find a large selection of vegan recipes here.
While there are a few variations of vegetarianism, most vegetarians abstain from meat, poultry, fish and shellfish, insects, and animal-derived stock and fats.