No matter what you’re craving or what time of day it is, I have just the thing! These are the BEST Crock Pot Recipes for Any Meal.
You can find slow cooker recipes for any time of day, from overnight breakfasts to desserts and healthy dinners to easy appetizers. You can even bake bread in a crock pot!
Throughout my many slow cooker experiments and attempts, I’ve discovered easier ways to make household favorites (like this Crock Pot Shredded Chicken) and even put a crockpot spin on a few of the classics (hello, Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie).
I’ve compiled the best healthy crock pot recipes for you here, along with equipment recommendations for crock pots, to keep your slow cooking as efficient and easy as possible.
In my opinion, these are the BEST things to cook in a crock pot, and I know you and your family will love them too!
History of Slow Cookers
Curious to know when the first slow cooker was made? I did some Googling for details.
According to Wikipedia, the Naxon Utilities Corporation of Chicago developed the first slow cooker, or as they called it, the All-Purpose Cooker. A 1950 advertisement shows a slow cooker called the Simmer Crock made by the Industrial Radiant Heat Corporation.
In 1970, the Rival Corporation purchased Naxon and in 1971, they reintroduced the cooker under the name Crock-Pot.
Over the years, this kitchen appliance has been welcomed into homes all around the world. It’s beloved for its ease and ability to help you prepare meals practically hands free.
Recommend Tools for Slow Cooker Recipes
- Programmable Slow Cooker. The one that I use the most is a 6-quart programmable slow cooker. Look for a slow cooker that automatically switches to “keep warm” when the cooking time is up. This will help keep your food from overcooking, especially if you are away from the kitchen while it is running. This is a great basic model! Most crock pot recipes are written for 5 or 6-quart slow cookers, so if you are just looking for one size, the 6-quart is a great option.
- 3-Quart Slow Cooker. Slow cookers range in size from lunch box units that warm up your meals as you work to 11-quart capacity commercial kitchen-sized units. Most home cooks use 3-quart, 6-quart, or 8-quart capacity slow cookers. A 3-quart crock pot is great for making smaller portions or side dishes. They’re the perfect size for college students!
- Instant Pot. If you are looking for a higher-end, all-in-one appliance that also has slow cooking functionality, consider looking into an Instant Pot or similar electric multi-cooker. I would opt for the larger 8-quart size to ensure you have space for traditional slow cooker recipes, which are usually developed for shorter, wider-shaped appliances. Because the 6-quart Instant Pot is so tall and narrow, slow cooker recipes may not translate to it as seamlessly.
- Crock Pot for Dips. Dips are some of my favorite easy slow cooker recipes, and this smaller-size pot is perfect. If you agree, consider purchasing a Little Dipper; it’s excellent for keeping crock pot dips warm while entertaining.
- Slow Cooker Liners. To make clean up as quick and easy as possible, pick up a package of slow cooker liners. They’re perfect for using when you make extra sticky or cheesy crockpot recipes!
- Instant Read Thermometer. Since you can put raw meat in a crock pot, using a thermometer is the best way to make sure your meat is cooked through.
Without further ado, here are some of my favorite recipes to make in a slow cooker.
To make browsing these amazing crock pot recipes as easy as possible, I have organized them into categories for you. If you would like to quickly jump to any given section, simply click the appropriate link below. Otherwise, keep scrolling to see them all!
However, keep in mind that some of the recipes shown below may fit into multiple categories. For example, if you want to make a slow cooker Mexican soup recipe that has chicken in it, it could be listed with the chicken recipes, soup recipes, or Mexican crock pot recipes categories. So if you don’t see a crock pot recipe that you’re looking for, just keep scrolling down… you may find it in a different category!
- Crockpot Beef Stew. This the BEST crockpot beef stew recipe ever! An easy, healthy slow cooker beef stew with fresh veggies, fall-apart tender meat, in a rich and flavorful red wine sauce. Simple, freezer-friendly, and perfect every time.
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff. We’re kicking it old school with fill-you-up, grandma-approved comfort with this slow cooker recipe for beef stroganoff from scratch. That’s right – there is NO canned soup in this recipe!
- Crockpot Beef and Broccoli. Our family LOVES this healthy crock pot recipe for Asian beef and broccoli! So easy and the sauce is delicious!
- Crockpot Vegetable Beef Soup. Hearty, flavorful, and packed with healthy ingredients.
- Crock Pot Pepper Steak. A homemade, healthy version of the classic takeout favorite!
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken. Pull out the bibs, keep your napkin at the ready, and grab the jar of homemade Barbecue Sauce, because your dinner of BBQ chicken is ready to devour!
- Healthy Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potatoes. Whether you want a low-maintenance weeknight meal or a healthy reset after an indulgent weekend, healthy buffalo chicken sweet potatoes hit the spot every time.
- Slow Cooker Greek Chicken. Even after hours in a crock pot, the flavors of this slow cooker Greek chicken stay remarkably vibrant and bright. The chicken is some of the most tender I’ve ever had in a crockpot recipe.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Curry. Juicy chicken cooked in a creamy coconut milk curry sauce with bell peppers and potatoes. Slow cooker chicken curry is easy, healthy, and full of flavor!
- Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken. Made with warm spices, chickpeas, golden raisins and fresh veggies, this easy Moroccan chicken recipe is delicious, healthy and budget friendly!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Shawarma.This tender yogurt chicken tastes just like traditional Shawarma, but this recipe is so much easier to make! Try it tucked into warm pitas.
- Jerk Chicken with Pineapple. This easy crockpot recipe for jerk chicken with pineapple is perfect for serving in tacos, over rice, and even in slaws and salads. You’ll love it’s sweet and spicy flavor!
- Teriyaki Chicken. Crock pot teriyaki chicken has all the convenience of takeout but is made in a slow cooker. Sticky, sweet, and a little bit sassy, this easy Asian chicken dinner tastes absolutely delicious.
- Healthier Orange Chicken Recipe. This healthier recipe for orange chicken is WAY BETTER than takeout! Easy, skinny orange chicken recipe made with orange juice and honey.
- Bourbon Chicken. This bourbon chicken recipe is easy to make and tastes better than any Chinese restaurant! Less than 10 minutes to prep and absolutely delicious.
- Maple Bourbon BBQ Chicken Sandwiches. Moist and juicy crock pot maple bourbon BBQ chicken sandwiches topped with a crunchy, creamy apple slaw. You will be addicted to this sweet and savory combination!
- Thai Chicken. Bursting with layers of flavor and packed with good-for-you veggies, this recipe is a wholesome, healthy dinner and one of the best crock pot recipes for a weeknight dinner.
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos. Buffalo Chicken Taquitos feature slow cooker shredded Buffalo chicken rolled inside tortillas with cheese, then baked until golden. An easy crock pot chicken dinner!
- Chicken Cacciatore. Boneless chicken breasts or thighs simmered in a richly flavored tomato sauce. Serve the chicken with pasta or rice for a family-friendly dinner.
- Asian Lettuce Wraps. Better than PF Chang’s! This fresh, healthy, slow cooker recipe for lettuce wraps is easy to make, and the sauce is so flavorful and not too spicy.
- Crock Pot Pork Ribs. Fall-off-the-bone crock pot ribs with a sweet and smoky BBQ sauce are so easy to make! The best recipe for slow cooked country-style, baby back, or spare ribs.
- Slow Cooker Asian Pulled Pork Tacos. Melt-in-your-mouth pulled pork tacos. EASY, delicious pork tenderloin tacos that are perfect for a crowd and great leftover too!
- Slow Cooker Pork Stir Fry with Peanut Noodles. A healthy slow cooker pork stir fry in a sweet and tangy peanut sauce, served over peanut noodles. Great for weeknights, entertaining, and leftovers too!
- Crock Pot Butternut Pulled Pork Tacos. Easy butternut squash pulled pork tacos made with smoky chipotle chiles and bright orange juice. Your entire family will love this fresh, healthy meal!
- Slow Cooker Honey Pulled Pork. An easy recipe for healthier slow cooker pulled pork with a smoky honey glaze. Serve over cornmeal pancakes for a delicious and unique twist.
- Crock Pot Baked Potatoes. Whether you use them as a side dish or stuff them with delicious toppings, everyone can agree that crock pot baked potatoes are an easy way to make dinner without heating the kitchen!
- Crockpot Sweet Potatoes. Another easy way to enjoy perfectly cooked potatoes!
- Slow Cooker Stuffing. My favorite time to make slow cooker stuffing is on holidays. Save room in the oven for your turkey or ham while your stuffing cooks to perfection in your slow cooker.
- Slow Cooker Wild Rice Pilaf. This recipe puts a summer spin on classic rice pilaf. One of my favorite crock pot recipes to make for barbecues and easy dinners.
- Crock Pot Risotto with Butternut Squash. This slow cooker risotto puts stove top risotto recipes to shame. Just as creamy and comforting as the original, but no stirring required!
- Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes. Slow cooker scalloped potatoes are a creamy, cheesy potato side dish. Making them in a slow cooker will save oven space, A combination of regular and sweet potatoes for great flavor!
- Slow Cooker Brussels Sprouts with Maple Syrup. This is one of the best crock pot recipes for holidays! It frees up your oven and tastes delicious.
- Crock Pot Stuffing with Wild Rice. This gluten free stuffing recipe is so delicious! Crock pot stuffing is an easy side dish that everyone can enjoy!
- Red Lentil Cauliflower Curry. This easy, healthy and vegan crock pot recipe for cauliflower curry is perfect as a side dish or a main dish. It’s hearty and flavorful, and lentils are a great source of protein.
- Turkey Meatballs. Lean ground turkey transforms your favorite comfort food into a healthy dinner. Serve turkey meatballs with your favorite healthy sauce, or use them for meatball sandwiches.
- Crockpot Stuffed Peppers. An easy, healthy recipe for stuffed peppers with quinoa, chicken, and black beans. Less than 15 minutes of prep, freezer friendly, and gluten free!
- Crock Pot Low Carb Lasagna. Traditional lasagna is loaded with carbs, but not this healthy low-carb lasagna recipe! The pasta is replaced with healthy and delicious “noodles” made from eggplant and zucchini.
- Greek Crock Pot Sloppy Joes. Another favorite comfort food for kids of all ages, these sandwiches have ground turkey, chickpeas, and feta. An easy, healthy, kid-friendly recipe your whole family will love!
- Crock Pot Chicken and Rice. A family favorite healthy crockpot meal, this easy chicken and rice dinner is made with real ingredients, is gluten free, and freezer friendly. And your slow cooker does all of the work!
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter. After a fun day of apple picking, let your kids help you make a batch of apple butter. It’s delicious on toast, bagels, and muffins, and it makes a great dip for after-school snacks.
- Crockpot Breakfast Potatoes. Crisp, tender potatoes with peppers and onions made EASY in the slow cooker. These potatoes are perfect for holidays and always a family favorite!
- Crock Pot Pasta. This pasta tastes like traditional baked pasta but is made entirely in the slow cooker, even the noodles. This kid friendly favorite is much easier to make, and just as delicious!
- Crockpot Carrots. Getting your kids to eat their veggies is a piece of cake (pun intended!) with this crockpot carrots recipe. The carrots are sweet, tender, and incredibly delicious.
- Crock Pot Creamed Corn. Tastes just like the classic recipe that everyone loves but with healthy swaps. Easy to make for a crowd!
- Mexican Casserole. Super easy and delicious Mexican casserole is packed with quinoa, black beans, and ground chicken or turkey. Healthy, gluten-free comfort food!
- Crock Pot Healthy Nachos. Healthy nachos are loaded with juicy chicken, cheese, beans, avocado, and any of your favorite toppings. The perfect appetizer or easy weeknight meal!
- Slow Cooker Taco Casserole. Easy taco casserole has layers of tortillas, cheese, beans, ground chicken or turkey, and veggies, cooked until hot, bubbly, and delicious!
- Salsa Verde Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork. Slow cooker pulled pork is perfect to serve with rice or use as a filling for tacos. With only 5 minutes of prep time, this recipe is sure to become a weeknight favorite.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup. Enchilada soup is my personal cure for the common cold. Full of tender chicken and vegetables, plus a spicy kick to chase your nasal congestion out of town.
- Overnight Slow Cooker Steel Cut Oats. Steel cut oats are a delicious and healthy way to start the day, but they take a long time to cook on the stove top. Slow cooker steel cut oats cook overnight so you can wake up to a warm breakfast, ready to eat!
- Crock Pot Granola. This simple, healthy granola recipe has rolled oats, nuts, seeds, and maple syrup. It’s a wholesome breakfast in a bowl, and perfect for snacking on-the-go, too.
- Pumpkin Overnight Oats. Healthy steel cut oats, made in a slow cooker while you sleep! With pumpkin, cinnamon, and maple syrup, these overnight oats are delicious on an autumn morning.
- Crock Pot Bread. Yes, you can “bake” bread in a slow cooker! This recipe for bread will show you how to make a perfect loaf of slow cooker whole wheat bread. It’s so much easier than the oven.
- Crockpot Egg Casserole. An easy, crowd-pleasing recipe that will happily feed a crowd. It cooks overnight and is ready when you wake up.
- Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup. Delicious and healthy chicken and wild rice soup makes the perfect cozy meal on a chilly night. The recipe has been updated to include directions for an Instant Pot soup, too.
- Crock Pot Tomato Soup. There isn’t a better soup and sandwich combo than a grilled cheese served with a bowl of tomato soup. This tomato soup recipe is comfort food like no other!
- Slow Cooker Turkey Quinoa Chili with Sweet Potatoes and Black Beans. Ground turkey, quinoa, and all of your favorite chili mix-ins are slow cooked to perfection in this chili recipe. A family favorite, healthy chili recipe.
- Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup. If you crave broccoli cheese soup from Panera, you will absolutely love this broccoli soup recipe. Easier to make and the flavor and texture are spot on to Panera’s!
- Slow Cooker Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese Soup. Move over, condensed cheese soup! This soup recipe creates a creamy cheese soup, with the perfect kick of heat from fresh jalapeños.
- Crockpot White Chicken Chili. Comfort food gets a healthy touch with this chicken chili recipe. Not too spicy, and TONS of flavor. A healthy, easy chili recipe, and your slow cooker does all the work!
- Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup. This chicken soup with pasta is so good, you will crave it on a regular basis! lemon chicken orzo soup is bright, flavorful, and downright comforting on a chilly day.
- Crockpot Lasagna Soup. Easy lasagna soup tastes like lasagna, but without the layering or dishes, it’s a win for everyone! A healthy slow-cooker vegetarian soup recipe your whole family will love.
- Crock Pot Corn Chowder. A creamy and delicious recipe for Crock Pot Corn and Chicken Chowder that’s healthy and EASY?! That’s the ticket! Grab a big spoon, and don’t forget extra napkins.
- Mulled Wine. Let’s face it. No holiday party is complete without a mug (or three) of mulled wine and the company of good friends. The slow cooker keeps it warm while you mingle.
- Slow Cooker Spiced White Wine. Not everyone is a fan of red wine, so double up on the slow cookers and make a batch of mulled white wine to sit next to the spiced red wine.
- Crockpot Hot Chocolate. Rich, decadent, and perfect for a crowd.
- Slow Cooker Triple Berry Crisp. Have a fridge or freezer full of berries and want a delicious way to use them? Bake those berries into a triple berry crisp. It’s even better with a scoop of ice cream on top!
- Crock Pot Peach Cobbler. This peach cobbler is loaded with flavor, packed with fresh peaches, and a golden crusty top. Simple and delicious, and your kitchen will smell amazing!