Made with peak-of-summer peaches, these Peach Margaritas are infused with a homemade jalapeño simple syrup and finished with a splash of fizzy club soda.
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE?
From time to time, we'll send you the best of Well Plated. We respect your privacy and you can opt out anytime.
Already registered? Log in here.
They’re flirty, fresh, and a little bit sassy. (You will be all of these things too once you polish off your glass!)
Margaritas are my favorite cocktail, and I have standards.
A few basic rules must be followed:
- No mixes. Period.
- Fresh lime juice only.
- Don’t skip the rim.
From there, you can have fun with your margarita flavors!
My classic Skinny Margarita started it all and has lead to many a sipping spinoff.
- Skinny Blackberry Margaritas are a bewitching option.
- Jalapeno Margaritas are for those who like it spicy.
- Italian Margaritas serve those who prefer a little sweet.
- St. Germain Margaritas are elevated and floral.
At the height of summer, however, this spicy peach margaritas recipe is nearly impossible to beat.
I plan to spend the rest of my summer sipping these beauties as often as socially acceptable.
5 Star Review
“I love all of the flavors in this cocktail!”— Ashley —
If you’ve never tried a spicy and fruity margarita, you are in for a treat.
I became addicted to them a while back when these Chipotle Grapefruit Margaritas entered my life/glass.
- The jalapeño kick blends beautifully with the sweet, juicy fruit.
- It also gives the margaritas a rather addictive quality that my friends and I struggled to explain, despite pouring extra rounds for additional “research.”
- The flavors of this drink nicely complement my Skinny Taco Salad ingredients making the two recipes a great pairing.
How to Make a Peach Margarita with Jalapeños
Fresh peaches get a little kick thanks to a homemade jalapeño simple syrup.
Shaken into a classic margarita, this refreshing summer cocktail is finished with a splash of club soda for effervescence.
- Peaches. Peaches are one of my favorite fruits for margaritas (and in life). Their sweetness balances the tartness of the lime perfectly. Peaches also shine in my White Sangria.
- Jalapeños. Bold and spicy. Feel free to adjust the recipe accordingly to suit your taste preferences with regards to heat.
- Sugar. Serves as the base for the simple syrup in this peach margarita recipe.
- Silver Tequila. I love the clean flavor of silver tequila in fruit-based margaritas. You’ll also see it labeled “blanco” tequila.
- Limes. Fresh lime juice always. It makes a difference—trust me. Don’t forget to cut a few wedges for garnish too.
- Orange Liqueur. A little splash of Grand Marnier or Cointreau will do nicely.
- Club Soda. Gives this drink just the right amount of summertime fizz.
- Salt. Intensifies the sweet and sour flavors the drink.
For this recipe, I like to do a blend of both sugar and salt on the rim to balance the spice of the jalapeños.
- Place the jalapeños, water, and sugar in saucepan and warm until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the syrup right over the fresh peach slices, cool to room temperature, and strain.
- Next, rim a cocktail glass with a blend of salt and sugar. Then, fill with ice and a few jalapeño slices.
- Combine the margarita ingredients and cooled syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake well. Pour into the prepared glass, sip, and ENJOY!
- To Store. Leftover simple syrup may be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe
- Saucepan. This 1.5-quart stainless steel saucepan is the perfect size for making the jalapeño simple syrup (and many other sauces).
- Margarita Glasses. Cocktails always taste better when served in a fun cocktail glass.
Whether you make these easy peach margaritas on the rocks for a quiet evening on a porch swing or a raucous backyard barbecue, don’t let summer slip away without trying this fresh, fizzy take on a classic cocktail.
want to save this recipe?
From time to time, we’ll send you the best of Well Plated. We respect your privacy and you can opt out anytime.
Already registered? Log in here.
For the jalapeño peach simple syrup:
- 2 small peaches pitted and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 jalapeño sliced into rounds, seeds and pulp included
For the fizzy margaritas:
- granulated sugar + kosher salt for rimming the glasses
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce orange liqueur such as Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- club soda
- additional lime slices jalapeño slices, and peach slices to garnish (optional)
- Place the peaches in a medium bowl and mash with a fork. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, sugar, and jalapeño slices. Bring to a gentle boil and stir until the sugar dissolves. Pour the hot syrup and jalapeño slices immediately over the peaches. Let cool to room temperature, then strain to remove the solids. Transfer to an airtight container and chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Salt the glass rims (optional): If desired, run a lime slice around the top rim of two glasses to moisten. Place a small amount of equal parts sugar and salt on a shallow plate. Turn the glass over, then gently press the wet glass rim around in the sugar and salt until it sticks. Repeat with the second glass. Fill glasses with ice.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, place 2 ounces peach jalapeño simple syrup, lime juice, tequila, and orange liqueur. Secure the lid and shake for 30 seconds. Strain into the prepared glasses.
- Top each glass with a splash of club soda Garnish with lime wedges, jalapeño slices, and peach slices as desired. Enjoy immediately.
Join today and start saving your favorite recipes
Create an account to easily save your favorite recipes and access FREE meal plans.Sign Me Up