Fizzy Peach Jalapeno Margaritas
Fizzy Peach Jalapeno Margaritas are me, holding onto summer kicking and screaming.
The sun is setting earlier, I spy pumpkin on Pinterest, and I can detect the faint sound of a football game in the wind. HOLD IT EVERYONE! I love a slice of apple pie as much as the next sane person, but we still have summer days to relish and Fizzy Peach Jalapeno Margaritas to sip.
Margaritas are my favorite cocktail, and I have high standards: No mixes, fresh lime juice only, and salt that rim. Though a well made classic ‘rita on the rocks will forever be dear to my heart, I love creating new margarita twists to share with friends, which I assume is why I continue to be invited to dinner parties. Of all the recipes I tested this year, Fizzy Peach Jalapeno Margaritas were the winner, and I plan to spend the rest of my summer enjoying them as often as socially acceptable.
If you’ve never tried a spicy margarita, you are in for a treat. I became addicted to them last summer when these Chipotle Grapefruit Margaritas entered my life/glass. The jalapeno kick blends beautifully with the sweet, juicy fruit. It also gives the margaritas a rather addictive quality that my friends and I struggled to explain, despite pouring extra rounds for additional “research.”
The base of Fizzy Peach Jalapeno Margaritas is a fresh peach and jalapeno simple syrup. Simple syrup earned its name because it’s outrageously easy to make—place the jalapenos, water, and sugar in saucepan, heat them up, then pour them right over the fresh peach slices and strain. Here’s looking at you, bartender.
Next, the margarita assembly. To mimic the spicy sweetness of the margarita, line the rims of the glasses with a mix of sugar and salt. From there, add the ice, jalapeno peach syrup, booze, and one final flair: bubbles!
A quick pour of carbonated water (club soda) over the Peach Jalapeno Margaritas adds fizz, fun, and balance. Ever since I tried the Hamilton Beach SodaStation hand-held soda maker, I’ve become addicted to the bubbly. It carbonates water in 15 seconds, doesn’t require a plug or battery, and is easy-peasy to operate. I love the fact that I no longer need to remember to buy club soda, mostly because I never do, even when I write CLUB SODA DON’T FORGET!!! on my grocery list. Plus, I feel fancy.
Whether you make Fizzy Peach Jalapeno Margaritas for a quiet evening on a porch swing or a raucous backyard barbecue, don’t let summer slip away without trying this fresh, fizzy take on a classic cocktail.
To help make Fizzy Peach Jalapeno Margaritas (and bubbles!) a part of your life this summer, I’m teaming up with Hamilton Beach for a fizzy fabulous giveaway. One lucky reader will receive a SodaStation, along with a refill pack of carbonation cartridges.
Final request: If you are able to discern what makes Fizzy Peach Jalapeno Margaritas so additive, please do let me know. I also recommend you test your theory on a second batch, just to be safe.
Fizzy Jalapeño Peach Margaritas
For the jalapeño peach simple syrup:
- 2 small peaches, — pitted and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 jalapeño — sliced into rounds, seeds and pulp included
For the fizzy margaritas:
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce orange liqueur — such as Grand Marnier, Triple Sec, or Cointreau
- Carbonated water — club soda
- Granulated sugar — and coarse salt for the rim
- Additional lime slices — jalapeño slices, and peach slices to garnish (optional)
- Place the peaches in a medium bowl and mash with a fork. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, sugar, and jalapeño slices. Bring to a gentle boil and stir until the sugar dissolves. Pour the hot syrup and jalapeño slices immediately over the peaches. Let cool to room temperature, then strain to remove the solids. Transfer to an airtight container and chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Salt the glass rims (optional): If desired, run a lime slice around the top rim of two glasses to moisten. Place a small amount of equal parts sugar and salt on a shallow plate. Turn the glass over, then gently press the wet glass rim around in the sugar and salt until it sticks. Repeat with the second glass.
- Fill glasses with ice, then top with 2 ounces peach jalapeño simple syrup, 1 Tablespoon lime juice, 1 ounce tequila, and 1/2 ounce orange liqueur.
- Top each glass with a splash of carbonated water (I made mind using the SodaStation) to reach desired strength. Garnish with lime wedges, jalapeño slices, and peach slices as desired. Enjoy immediately.
Did you try this recipe? I want to see! Follow Well Plated on Instagram, snap a photo, and tag it #wellplated. I love to know what you are making!
- Chipotle Grapefruit Margaritas from The Law Student’s Wife
- Kicked Up Avocado Margarita from Cookin’ Canuck
- Skinny Blackberry Margaritas from Dinners Dishes Desserts
- Cherry Lime Margaritas from Beard and Bonnet
Hamilton Beach compensated me for my time to create this recipe. As always, all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands who support The Law Student’s Wife.
This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you.